Application Anxiety Thread

Application Anxiety  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate your anxiety about applications?

• 1 - What anxiety?
    • 2 - Maybe a little nervous, but nothing much.
    • 3 - Yeah, I'm pretty anxious about this.
    • 4 - I'm really anxious!!!
    • 5 - I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGG! I want to see True Detective, but I don't have HBO. Is there any way to see that on demand for free? or online?

I am currently going crazy for Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, and Trailblazers games, when they are on. 

Good luck, all!

I don't have Netfllix, but I do have some favorite TV shows. I like comedy, so basically I just watch anything funny. My life is stressful enough, I don't want to get stressed from the TV shows I watch, too.

Alpha House is a really funny political TV show (I think you could enjoy it no matter what party you support or even what nation you're from) that's on Amazon - the first couple episodes are completely free, and then the rest of the season is available only if you pay/are an Amazon Prime member. Really, really funny. :) Quickdraw is a funny show on Hulu - the cast actually improvs everything, but they're funny enough to pull it off. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is also really funny, a former SNL member stars but seriously everyone on it is great. And then, of course, Community's awesome.

I also recommend Firefly. It's a Joss Whedon TV show (which some of you might be familiar with) that I super love. It's not comedy (actually, I think the genre he labeled it as was 'space Western' and I think that's an apt label to use, as funny as it sounds, lol), but I still greatly enjoy it. :)

I got an interview email, but I don't know if I can make it-it's 1,000 miles away! (Grand Valley State University)

Also, I saw people posting acceptances from one of my schools, but I haven't heard anything yet. Is that good news or bad news? (It's Wayne State, by the way)

Hi! Wayne state sends their acceptances out in waves. Those accepted today were their "top applicants". Then I suppose after a few decline the acceptance they will send out more! Don't fret yet :). If you do the skype interview with gvsu do you know have to do the one hour writing task then? (Just curious)

I think the worst part of my anxiety is knowing that I'm going to be getting mail acceptances while I'm gone on spring break, and neither of my parents will be home and none of my roommates will be able to check our mail at school either. So much for relaxing over break, right? Ugh.

I think the worst part of my anxiety is knowing that I'm going to be getting mail acceptances while I'm gone on spring break, and neither of my parents will be home and none of my roommates will be able to check our mail at school either. So much for relaxing over break, right? Ugh.

Buuuuut on a positive side: It looks like you already have an acceptance so you can relax a little because you only need one! :) 

Just think...in about 3 weeks, this will all be over...and thank God for that!  My nerves cant take much more of this. 

I think we should all "meet" here on April 1st and have a drink "together."  

About Wayne State-thanks :)
And about GVSU: No idea. I haven't been contacted back by Dr. Macauley, who I was told would set it up. But it is their spring break, so I'm not too worried.

Buuuuut on a positive side: It looks like you already have an acceptance so you can relax a little because you only need one! :)

Haha true, but I definitely have other schools that I'd prefer to attend. I'm definitely extremely grateful that I at least got into one school! I'm going somewhere! haha :)

Thoughts on what would be appropriate dress for attending an open house for admitted students? I know the safe route would be dress pants, flats, blouse, blazer/cardigan, butttttttt since it's going to be freezing/possibly snowing I really want to wear black leggings or black jeans with nice boots. Do you think that would be okay?

/over-analyzes everything

Thoughts on what would be appropriate dress for attending an open house for admitted students? I know the safe route would be dress pants, flats, blouse, blazer/cardigan, butttttttt since it's going to be freezing/possibly snowing I really want to wear black leggings or black jeans with nice boots. Do you think that would be okay?

You've already been admitted...you can wear a trash bag and a beanie with a propeller on top if you want.

Edited by PsycD

I was thinking about this too.  I feel really weird wearing "work clothes" (I was a teacher for 5 years) to an open house, but I don't want to be underdressed either.  I was thinking I might wear a dress or tunic with leggings and boots, because I figure that can be considered casual or more formal...decisions, decisions!

You've already been admitted...you can wear a trash bag and a beanie with a propeller on top if you want.

LOL

I was thinking about this too.  I feel really weird wearing "work clothes" (I was a teacher for 5 years) to an open house, but I don't want to be underdressed either.  I was thinking I might wear a dress or tunic with leggings and boots, because I figure that can be considered casual or more formal...decisions, decisions!

Good to know I'm not the only one! I think I might go that route too.

Haha true, but I definitely have other schools that I'd prefer to attend. I'm definitely extremely grateful that I at least got into one school! I'm going somewhere! haha :)

So, keep that in your mind and I guarantee that you will enjoy your Spring Break! I mean either that or do like Lily does in How I Met Your Mother and get the "Kennedy Package" wherever you go (ie constant supply of drinks). 

tumblr_mtp3u8q96u1spw3ezo1_500.gif

I'm about halfway through my 450 mile trip for my interview at SUNY Plattsburgh tomorrow. I must say, being on the road for this long has made me almost relax...I know I can't check my email while driving!

So, keep that in your mind and I guarantee that you will enjoy your Spring Break! I mean either that or do like Lily does in How I Met Your Mother and get the "Kennedy Package" wherever you go (ie constant supply of drinks).

tumblr_mtp3u8q96u1spw3ezo1_500.gif

Hahahaha love it!!!

I am so bummed that you are most likely going to McGill... I think it would be really nice to meet a person like you at UofA!!

Thanks, Nixie!  That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in like, 7 years lol

McGill, huh? Hmmm...perhaps :).  I haven't responded to any offers yet. 

Edited by PsycD

Thanks, Nixie!  That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in like, 7 years lol

Ummmmmm grrrrrrrrl... I'm pretty positive that you said that McGill is your dream school and that it will most definitely be better on your locks!!

If only I could get one acceptance so that I can stop waking up thinking "...this could be the day..."

I agree with you!  I keep saying to myself "maybe it'll be today...maybe it'll be today".  I'm praying my next one is an acceptance so I don't lose all hope!

I agree! I have two rejections and 10 to go, but it's so discouraging to start off like this! It's like waking up on Christmas morning to find out that you only got coal... :(

I'm literally in the same boat as you, but only have 6 more to go.  I really don't even care where I get in now, I just want one acceptance letter so I don't feel so bad lol

I agree with you!  I keep saying to myself "maybe it'll be today...maybe it'll be today".  I'm praying my next one is an acceptance so I don't lose all hope!

Right. I just want one. I don't care where, I just want one!

It's so nice to talk with people who understand.. I was so optimistic in the beginning, but it's becoming so much more real now and I am hoping for just ONE too. One would think with 6+ more to go we should get in! I thought Clarion was a safety, but it seems like they only accept their undergrads... 

Has anyone applied to Monmouth University?