Application Anxiety Thread

Application Anxiety  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate your anxiety about applications?

• 1 - What anxiety?
    • 2 - Maybe a little nervous, but nothing much.
    • 3 - Yeah, I'm pretty anxious about this.
    • 4 - I'm really anxious!!!
    • 5 - I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I really need to learn how to quote someone like you did with me) but, @arthritiskid, no, I did not get a confirmation email, but I have since gotten an email inviting me to an open house so I would think that they've got my email address. It's so frustrating because this is my top choice but I kinda knew I have no chance.

Ugh- I don't know whether I should call them and ask if I have the correct email on there or if there is an email or not... 

And https://bssp.cc.wmich.edu/PLS/BPROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon is the link I copied from my browser bar. It's just the same log in info as when you were working on the app.

It's my aunt's alma mater and she hires and works with the counseling dept a lot so I would really love to go - she raves about it! I didn't realize how competitive it was though. I mean I guess every program is competitive!

Okay,thanks! I just kinda had a freak out cause it said my application was in process..then I realized that wasn't the right login. (I accidentally started a second one) but then I re-logged in and it was complete. I think, according to EdFind on ASHA's website, they accept 30/360. So a 1/12. Which is scary. But they may have changed that since I last looked.

And no, I don't see it on there. I know it's on CSDCAS (well, it's my login for that, anyway) and, like I said, I got an invitation to an open house from them a few months ago....so that means they must have it on file SOMEWEHRE, right?

The page loaded funny for me when I went to look at results, and it was weird because it showed people's stats. And I feel like I was fairly equal to them. But maybe it's just. I don't know. I think I'm really nervous and it's making it worse because I have a Skype interview today too.

Well, now I feel dumb. If you hover over the red diamond on the results search it'll show stats if people posted them. How on earth did I not know that before? Geez.

Anyone still waiting on Monmouth? Kind of upset I didn't hear anything today... :(

In the same boat and super depressed about it. :( Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!

All that being said, a big congrats to those who have heard from Monmouth! :)

@ Caterpillar

Keep your heads up!  Everything will work out for what's best for your husband and family! :)

It's true! We don't really want to stay here, but at the same time, there's something to be said for having stable job/s and social support. :) We will see!

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and would like to know if anyone could post their stats for the schools that they got accepted in to? I'm planning on applying for Fall 2015 and woud like to know what are my chances of getting in? Unfortunately, my gpa isn't  great :(  I have an overall gpa of 3.45 & major gpa 3.50. I'm volunteering at a hospital setting as a shadow for an SLP and interning as an SLPA right now. I'm planning to re-take my GRE since I did very poorly on it. I'm feeling very discouraged and debating on whether  I should just take off a whole year to intern as an SLPA to get more experience or apply for grad school. WAH help ! thanks in advance

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and would like to know if anyone could post their stats for the schools that they got accepted in to? I'm planning on applying for Fall 2015 and woud like to know what are my chances of getting in? Unfortunately, my gpa isn't great :( I have an overall gpa of 3.45 & major gpa 3.50. I'm volunteering at a hospital setting as a shadow for an SLP and interning as an SLPA right now. I'm planning to re-take my GRE since I did very poorly on it. I'm feeling very discouraged and debating on whether I should just take off a whole year to intern as an SLPA to get more experience or apply for grad school. WAH help ! thanks in advance

Click on results search on the top of page. Hover over red diamond stats are there.

I just typed an entire response in the wrong thread. And I want to be a grad student. Smh...

Edited by PsycD

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and would like to know if anyone could post their stats for the schools that they got accepted in to? I'm planning on applying for Fall 2015 and woud like to know what are my chances of getting in? Unfortunately, my gpa isn't great :( I have an overall gpa of 3.45 & major gpa 3.50. I'm volunteering at a hospital setting as a shadow for an SLP and interning as an SLPA right now. I'm planning to re-take my GRE since I did very poorly on it. I'm feeling very discouraged and debating on whether I should just take off a whole year to intern as an SLPA to get more experience or apply for grad school. WAH help ! thanks in advance

There really is no formula for this. Our stats this year are all over the place. Be mindful of stats but don't compare yourself to others and let that deter you from applying. The only way you can be sure you won't get accepted is to not apply.

Apply to a mix of reach, par, and "less competitive" programs based on your own stats and you'll be fine. At the graduate level, fit is extremely important as well, so be sure to pick a program with specialties/research that would be good match for your background and interests.

Coming from out of field I'll leave the issue of spending more time as an SLPA to someone else; but, from what I understand that won't give you the leg up you may think it will.

Just pick programs that are a good match for you and apply. That's it.

Hi everyone! I just found this forum and would like to know if anyone could post their stats for the schools that they got accepted in to? I'm planning on applying for Fall 2015 and woud like to know what are my chances of getting in? Unfortunately, my gpa isn't  great :(  I have an overall gpa of 3.45 & major gpa 3.50. I'm volunteering at a hospital setting as a shadow for an SLP and interning as an SLPA right now. I'm planning to re-take my GRE since I did very poorly on it. I'm feeling very discouraged and debating on whether  I should just take off a whole year to intern as an SLPA to get more experience or apply for grad school. WAH help ! thanks in advance

Remember that the stats on this forum tend to be skewed (in my opinion).  The people going on a forum like this tend to be super Type-A people who have ridiculous stats.  You still want to make sure that you have high stats, but not EVERYONE has a 4.0 GPA, excellent GRE scores, etc.   Really research the schools that you want to go to, to see what their average stats are.  There's a whole thread on this board right now for "less competitive" applicants and those applicants have done a FABULOUS job researching schools that accept people with lower GPAs.

Also, you still have a lot of time to get your application ready for the next cycle.  Definitely retake the GRE if it is something you feel like it is an area where you can improve.  Make sure you study, study, study for it!! (I studied for about 3 months for mine and memorized something crazy like 800 vocab words, lol).  Also, the sooner you start working on your personal statement, the better.  I spent months typing rough drafts, editing and re-editing, and sending it to friends and family to proofread. Make sure you can get good letters of rec too!  Good luck. :)