Application Anxiety Thread

Application Anxiety  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate your anxiety about applications?

• 1 - What anxiety?
    • 2 - Maybe a little nervous, but nothing much.
    • 3 - Yeah, I'm pretty anxious about this.
    • 4 - I'm really anxious!!!
    • 5 - I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bones! If you haven't gotten into the show yet. It is 7 seasons on Netflix. You can't go wrong there! 

Or... my person fave! Dr. Who.  :wub:

I'm currently obsessed with Downton Abbey but I think I will add Bones to my "to do/Netflix" list! 

To those who have applied to St. Ambrose- I know they have 2 interview dates. One being this Saturday and one on march 8th.  I know they have already notified those who are interviewing this saturday, but has anyone heard back about the march 8th interview?  Or know anything about it?  Thanks

I'm currently obsessed with Downton Abbey but I think I will add Bones to my "to do/Netflix" list! 

Have you seen Call the Midwife? It's another BBC series. They have seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. Another great show! (I also love Downton Abbey, except I don't know if I will ever forgive Dan Stevens! lol) My sister-in-law lent me seasons 1-4 of The Big Bang Theory, so that's currently keeping me distracted :)

Have you seen Call the Midwife? It's another BBC series. They have seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. Another great show! (I also love Downton Abbey, except I don't know if I will ever forgive Dan Stevens! lol) My sister-in-law lent me seasons 1-4 of The Big Bang Theory, so that's currently keeping me distracted :)

I LOVE Call the Midwife!  I second that recommendation. :)

I LOVE Call the Midwife!  I second that recommendation.  :)

Have you seen Call the Midwife? It's another BBC series. They have seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. Another great show! (I also love Downton Abbey, except I don't know if I will ever forgive Dan Stevens! lol) My sister-in-law lent me seasons 1-4 of The Big Bang Theory, so that's currently keeping me distracted  :)

This! 

Edited by ImpulsiveNixie

Well, now that is something different! I will add that to my list as well! 

Hi All! 

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and finally decided to start posting.  Mainly because I've been driving my family and boyfriend crazy with how anxious I am about applications.  It's safe to say I'm FREAKING OUT! 

Look forward to de stressing on here with all of you! 

Hi, speechiejen.  I found my anxiety waned a little when I started posting on here.  Welcome!

My newest complaint about application season is how hard it is to focus on real school work!  I spend more time checking email, this forum, and the result page than I do actually working on homework.  Now, back to homework...

I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I've marathon watched Call the Midwife all weekend and have almost completed season 2! I love it and it did take the edge of my anxiety off :).

I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I've marathon watched Call the Midwife all weekend and have almost completed season 2! I love it and it did take the edge of my anxiety off :).

Awesome that you liked it! It was super hard to pull away from when I first starting watching it too!

This might be a little out there, but since I was in high school, I've had a minor obsession with Legally Blonde: The Musical. It isn't on Broadway anymore, but it is on YouTube. I can relate watching Elle jump through hoops to try to get into Harvard Law School.

Haha yes, that's the evil of Netflix...it's so hard to turn it off! At least I only have my job to worry about now :). I'll enjoy it while it lasts...

Netflix is beyond evil - the people are probably reviewing my watch time and judging me. :blink: Jerks. I am in the same boat. I am trying to take in the freedom as much as possible. 

ImpulsiveNixie, I'm wondering if you know if the American Netflix has seasons 3 of Call the Midwife and Downton Abbey, haha. I'm considering sneakily changing my IP address to an American one because our Netflix seems so limited! 

Nope, I think we are all the same. :) 2 seasons of Call the Midwife. Season 3 starts this spring.

PS! Who would have thought that PBS would actually be cool again? I mean beyond Sesame Street. 

Edited by ImpulsiveNixie

My anxiety has shot up today as I realized that an application that was sent in (and confirmed delivered by the postal service) at least 3 weeks ago hasn't been confirmed yet, and my application fee hasn't been taken from my account, While I'm now worried sick, I can't wait to call in the morning to get everything straightened out! Thankfully, if anything's wrong, the application isn't due until March 1st.

At least we are another day closer to March, and hopefully another day closer to hearing back from our potential schools! I'll be with you all, watching netflix and trying to be attentive in classes. I've also taken up crocheting as a stress reliever, which is super relaxing!

Edited by Sammehh

I.CAN'T.STOP.ON.THIS.FORUM! It's so bad for my health. I can't concentrate on my last semester, (2nd bachelor's), which is terrible! I've tried to add in more yoga to my routine, but it only seems to help when I'm in shavasana. :unsure:

I.CAN'T.STOP.ON.THIS.FORUM! It's so bad for my health. I can't concentrate on my last semester, (2nd bachelor's), which is terrible! I've tried to add in more yoga to my routine, but it only seems to help when I'm in shavasana. :unsure:

I actually just started doing yoga again in order to help with all my anxiety.  Seems to be working for the time being, although I know the closer it gets to March the more anxious I'll be.