Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Does anyone know about transport if you're not planning on flying to orientation? I am going to be coming from my family vacation at the Jersey shore, and the best option to me seems like it will be driving, but I'm not sure if parking is an option. Otherwise, I will take a train but I won't really be near any Amtrak stations...

What region? They send out the official registration emails a bit after the save the dates. There's a bunch of information from the website they link you to, it's one with a password. 

Hey guys, I know this has probably been answered a few times already but how long does it usually take to get the grant authorization document? I received my grant around April 30th and have turned in all the other documents and received my medical clearance so I'm just curious as to when I should be getting that

Hey guys, I know this has probably been answered a few times already but how long does it usually take to get the grant authorization document? I received my grant around April 30th and have turned in all the other documents and received my medical clearance so I'm just curious as to when I should be getting that

I am also curious about this.  I received notice of my award on April 13th (SSA) and am still waiting.

What region? They send out the official registration emails a bit after the save the dates. There's a bunch of information from the website they link you to, it's one with a password. 

Eastern Europe/ Eurasia. I guess ours is later so we haven't gotten any official registration yet--thanks!

Also, I still haven't gotten my grant authorization document either even though I found out about my award on April 9! I emailed Maria Mazur about a month ago and she said she was working on it--I'm going to give it a few more weeks. 

A friend turned down her Full Research Grant in Germany just so you're aware. Also know of another ETA to Germany turning hers down as well. Here's hoping for you all!

Has anyone heard about someone getting bumped up for Taiwan ETA? I know it's super late at this point, but I still have a tiny sliver of hope, maybe...

Has anyone heard about someone getting bumped up for Taiwan ETA? I know it's super late at this point, but I still have a tiny sliver of hope, maybe...

Urgh. I also have a tiny sliver of hope left... last time I spoke to my program officer she said that they try to give people bad news asap as well as good news so we can go on with our lives. So.... no news means there is still hope :)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in and say thank you to everyone for being an awesome community. Good luck to those of you still waiting, those choosing other future plans, and those preparing to leave for their Fulbright year in a few months! <3

After just having an asthma attack from all the excitement, I am so excited to announce that I HAVE JUST BEEN PROMOTED TO P FOR MACAU'S ETA PROGRAM! Edit: Jonathan Akeley said he was still working out last minute funding issues with Hong Kong and some other places, so Alternates, there is STILL some hope for you!

Edited by bpilgrim89

After just having an asthma attack from all the excitement, I am so excited to announce that I HAVE JUST BEEN PROMOTED TO P FOR MACAU'S ETA PROGRAM! Edit: Jonathan Akeley said he was still working out last minute funding issues with Hong Kong and some other places, so Alternates, there is STILL some hope for you!

YAY! Congratulations!!

Hey there Indonesian Fulbrighters! I am a current Indonesian Fulbrighter who will be staying through Christmas. If anyone wants advice or support, feel free to pm me. 

:)

Awesome! One of the new ETAs here. There are also a few other lurking around that I know of. I'm going to message you in a moment with a (slightly) unrelated question I think! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have only just joined the group and still pretty new to everything here... I browsed through the discussion, but did not read all 115 pages, so sorry if I ask questioned which you have already answered.

I am from Latvia and applied for the Fulbright scholarship to study for a Masters degree in the US. I was selected as an alternative candidate and was told that there is a 10% chance I will go, so I was pretty chill and accepted that I will not get the scholarship.

5 (!) days agao I got a call that they received additional funding and I am able to attend one of my top choices - NYU. (My first choice was Tufts University to which I was also accepted, but the tuition was too high for Fulbright to cover).

I am over the moon and overwhelmed. I have received the first documents to sign, but not the final contract/grant(?). Does anyone know their monthly living expenses stipend yet? I am trying to plan my living arrangements etc. I saw that there is talk of facebook groups - are there groups for foreigners coming to America, maybe even NYC?

Is someone here from NYC or has received a Fulbright to study there?

Hi! I am from Latvia and received a Fulbright scholarship for graduate studies at NYU. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Latvia :)

Vic5306 I am from Latvia and have just received a Fulbright scholarship for graduate studies at NYU. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Latvia :)

Hi everyone! I have only just joined the group and still pretty new to everything here... I browsed through the discussion, but did not read all 115 pages, so sorry if I ask questioned which you have already answered.

I am from Latvia and applied for the Fulbright scholarship to study for a Masters degree in the US. I was selected as an alternative candidate and was told that there is a 10% chance I will go, so I was pretty chill and accepted that I will not get the scholarship.

5 (!) days agao I got a call that they received additional funding and I am able to attend one of my top choices - NYU. (My first choice was Tufts University to which I was also accepted, but the tuition was too high for Fulbright to cover).

I am over the moon and overwhelmed. I have received the first documents to sign, but not the final contract/grant(?). Does anyone know their monthly living expenses stipend yet? I am trying to plan my living arrangements etc. I saw that there is talk of facebook groups - are there groups for foreigners coming to America, maybe even NYC?

Is someone here from NYC or has received a Fulbright to study there?

Hello. I've been living in NYC. If you have any questions about costs, finding a place to live, where to stay in the city, I can probably help you some. Feel free to PM me. 

I can go ahead and make a Fulbright SSA group! Only thing is that Facebook requires you to add at least one friend to the group before you create it - so if anyone wants to look me up on Facebook and add me, that'd be cool. Search for me under: Chineze Okpalaoka! :) 

I can go ahead and make a Fulbright SSA group! Only thing is that Facebook requires you to add at least one friend to the group before you create it - so if anyone wants to look me up on Facebook and add me, that'd be cool. Search for me under: Chineze Okpalaoka! :)

Thanks!  I just added you.