University of Michigan Fall 2014

beyondaboundary

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you have to get invited to the visitation weekend to be accepted. I'm hearing different things.

You are accepted and then you get invited for the prospective student weekend. That's what my acceptance letter said. Good luck!

Does anyone know if you have to get invited to the visitation weekend to be accepted. I'm hearing different things.

You are accepted and then you get invited for the prospective student weekend. That's what my acceptance letter said. Good luck!

I'm sure this greatly differs between departments. In the EEB dept we are invited to recruitment weekend with interviews, etc. Afterwards, we're accepted/rejected/waitlisted. 

I'm heading to Ann Arbor as well! Looking forward to it. Would love to hear where people are looking in terms of housing - more expensive than I had anticipated given the midwestern location.

Yeah, please share any info and tips you might have. I'll be moving with my husband, a dog, and 2 cats!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, everyone! If you're looking for housing options, Cribspot is an off-campus rental website built by UM students. We've created a grad student housing guide to help acquaint you with the local neighborhoods and get you started on your search. Then you can check out our Ann Arbor housing map to help you find a place. Good luck!

Thanks! These seem like good resources.

I will be attending this fall and planning to move in around early-mid august (I am flexible on this)
I wonder if anyone made it to the recruitment weekend here? I am an international student, therefore it was not possible for me to make a visit. I am curious what your general impression about the city and the uni (regardless of the program) is?
Also, I am looking for a room, feel free to pm of you are on the same boat, and/or need a new roommate.

Thanx.

I will be attending this fall and planning to move in around early-mid august (I am flexible on this)

I wonder if anyone made it to the recruitment weekend here? I am an international student, therefore it was not possible for me to make a visit. I am curious what your general impression about the city and the uni (regardless of the program) is?

Also, I am looking for a room, feel free to pm of you are on the same boat, and/or need a new roommate.

Thanx.

I just got back on Saturday from their recruitment weekend, and I loved it! Everyone is really nice, you can walk everywhere, and the city is just really cute. Central campus is really big, but really nice. Very different from what I'm used to, but it seems calm.

Edit: also, I see you're in anthro, so feel free to pm if you have more anthro-related questions.

Edited by sarab

I was accepted in February to SNRE and will be moving there from Seattle.

Will you be in the PhD program there? I think your building is only 2 or so away from mine. I'm so excited to go to UM!

Will you be in the PhD program there? I think your building is only 2 or so away from mine. I'm so excited to go to UM!

Yeah! I'll be a PhD student in their conservation ecology program. I'll be in Dana, so you're probably right. I'm pretty thrilled as well :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the RMF (decided against going there), but it sounds like a great program! I'll be doing the same thing at UCSD, and it's really a great opportunity. It gives you a headstart in research, an opportunity to meet people in other disciplines, an opportunity to adapt to the city, plus a pretty good stipend.