How many pages did your CV have when you submitted your app?

EngineerGrad

It depends who you get on the adcom. In my field position titles imply a certain jobset but it can very often not cover what you actually did to contribute. It's kind of like everyone is one rank below where they should be. Everyone knows it, but you still have to spell it out - plus you get brownie points if you list a task or skill they particularly want.

I worry the "no fluff" people are shooting themselves in the foot. I did that, I found out it was doing me no favors - due to assumptions - and reworked have had more success.

I had a no fluff approach, but if I did extensive research projects or something similar (e.g. wrote the labels for an exhibition, researched a collection and my findings were added to their research library, etc) then I put those in. I would've had a much longer CV had I explained everything I've done. Not sure it helped or hurt yet. 

I worry the "no fluff" people are shooting themselves in the foot. I did that, I found out it was doing me no favors - due to assumptions - and reworked have had more success.

I think this is very field dependent.  I based my CV on the CV of the POIs I was interested in working with.  I only included the level of information that they (or even more importantly, their students) listed.  Which meant I purged a lot of individual lines as well as sections listing vague accomplishments such as "Skills" (SEM, AFM, blahblahblah) and just made sure to work that information into my SOP.

I'm not saying that a CV over a page is excessive, but only that it would be in my case.  I have conference abstracts and presentations but no papers & that cuts out the bulk of a CV for my field.  But every field is very, very different.  And luckily, the "no fluff" approach did not backfire for me as I am happily nested into my program already.

I think this is very field dependent.  I based my CV on the CV of the POIs I was interested in working with.  I only included the level of information that they (or even more importantly, their students) listed.  Which meant I purged a lot of individual lines as well as sections listing vague accomplishments such as "Skills" (SEM, AFM, blahblahblah) and just made sure to work that information into my SOP.

I'm not saying that a CV over a page is excessive, but only that it would be in my case.  I have conference abstracts and presentations but no papers & that cuts out the bulk of a CV for my field.  But every field is very, very different.  And luckily, the "no fluff" approach did not backfire for me as I am happily nested into my program already.

It also depends on nationality. As far as I'm aware (from what friends abroad have told me) in Europe, a CV is an American Resume (1-2 pages), whereas here (in the US), a CV is as long as it needs to be, accounting for those who list 3-6 pages. My resume is far more concise, and can be a single page. 

My UG department holds seminars on preparing CVs vs resumes and I've had to turn mine in for grades before. So at any rate, I don't think mine deviates from the norm. Plus I didn't really need to list "skills". 

Mine was two pages with the second page almost reaching the bottom, top and bottom margins set at 1.4 cm, with the sides at 2.5 cm.  I used LaTex, so not sure about the font. It was set to default, which appears to be sans Serif of some sort.  Font size is looking to around 10...once again, font size was set to default, which just means that the best size was determined by proper setting.  My original was 3 pages, and that was including stuff that I left out.  

Mine was also a hybrid of sorts.  It is a CV through and through, but a little more wordy.  Not as much as a resume, but definitely more wordy than a typical CV.  I dunno...there were things that I wanted to keep out of my SOP but still wanted to emphasize, you know. I figured the CV was the perfect place for that. 

Mine was one page--I had name/address, objectives, degrees, major research history, publications, and then professional affiliations/honor societies/etc. My research projects covered enough of a breadth of subjects (molecular biology, ecology, microbiology, materials science/chemistry) that I feel like my particular skill set was at least implied. I guess we'll find out how well that worked in a month or so. :)

Mine was 2 page and i had submitted it in Pdf format, it has sections Personal, Educational, Scholastic Achievements, Key Academic Projects and i mentioned my research internship in this section, Mini Projects, Positions of Responsibilities, Publications(only one and not international), Software skills, Extra Curricular Activities  done in the college, 

Same CV was used in my placements interviews held in my college and i modified a little bit while sending to the universities