What Schools Are You Turning Down?

historynerd

:? unfortunately, it looks like i might turn down all 4 of my accepted schools (and one MA...) ...they're all in the 25-40 ranked range.

i'm scared that they're not the best fit for me. i don't want to be there for 5-6-7 years and not have a job when i leave. i feel a bit crazy about this since the application process was so rigorous.

anyone else doing this?

:? unfortunately, it looks like i might turn down all 4 of my accepted schools (and one MA...) ...they're all in the 25-40 ranked range.

i'm scared that they're not the best fit for me. i don't want to be there for 5-6-7 years and not have a job when i leave. i feel a bit crazy about this since the application process was so rigorous.

anyone else doing this?

don't know, but why don't we keep this thread focused - your question might be a better one for the general history admissions 2009 thread, or for the decisions, decisions section of the discussion board.

but hey, if you do turn them down, tell us which ones!

I turned down an M.A. offer at GWU. I have an offer for the University of Maryland's PhD program which I'm almost certainly not going to accept, but I haven't notified them yet. I'm not sure UMD even has a waitlist, as I was told that admitted students have literally until right before the start of fall semester classes to accept the offer of admissions. If anyone here is waitlisted there or knows of someone who is I'll let them know right away, but otherwise I might wait a week or so.

Temple. They told me tonight they cannot fund me. The no-funding aspect might go against the purpose of this thread, but it makes me feel good to participate.

Hopefully some folks are turning down Mizzou, and that I'm near the top of the alternate-list. :)