2014 SLP Admissions Thread

I also called Northeastern and they said by April 15th everyone would be notified and that in the past they had been sending out decisions sort of on a rolling basis as they were made.

Wow, I really hope they won't actually wait until that late to let us know, considering most (if not all??) programs require us to make a decision by April 15th.  It wouldn't be very helpful to be informed of a decision on April 14th.  But judging by the results page, most applicants seemed to get responses by mid to late March last year, and some were actually already getting accepted off the waitlist before the April 15th, so I am crossing my fingers for a repeat of that pattern.

Wow, I really hope they won't actually wait until that late to let us know, considering most (if not all??) programs require us to make a decision by April 15th.  It wouldn't be very helpful to be informed of a decision on April 14th.  But judging by the results page, most applicants seemed to get responses by mid to late March last year, and some were actually already getting accepted off the waitlist before the April 15th, so I am crossing my fingers for a repeat of that pattern.

I'm having the same hopes as you. I have to make a decision for UNH by April 15 so hopefully last year's pattern is repeated.

To anyone who was waitlisted at USF...there's one more slot left. Because although one person accepted the withdrawal of my candidacy this morning, I still got an email this afternoon telling me I was accepted to the school. So if you were waitlisted (I don't know if they sent out all decisions or just some) there is hope for you!

Definitely means I didn't make the first round if you heard yesterday. :(

Is anyone else having trouble pulling the trigger on an offer?

I know exactly where I want to go, but I haven't accepted the offer yet. I think I'm still worried about fit, which is why I took two schools up on their offers to visit and spend some time with them before making my final decision.

Yes!! I have some good school offers! I am just concerned I am going to get there and be like WTF is this?? My indergrad experience has been so good that now I am scared that I hold it (the experience) on a pedestal. I also like to be in control of situations and walking into a program that I know very little about terrifies me!!!

Definitely means I didn't make the first round if you heard yesterday. :(

I found out this morning. Their website was actually down for a good portion of last night/this morning, so I wonder if they're having technical difficulties on their end. There's still hope! I think you'll get in. :)

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Nazareth? I saw on the results page that another person heard from them and I am getting worried now! 

Congrats on all the acceptances!  I just got accepted into Radford U. also.  Still waiting back on about 4 more schools though.....

That is my top choice!! Congrats! Did your status on your portal change?  and did they say how many people are their "top" people?

I just got accepted to Radford too!  I also saw you are awaiting Clarion.  I go there now.  They are running behind d/t a change in their graduate offices.  Results will not be in for another 2 weeks (probably) but hopefully before!  Our spring break is 14-24 and we were all told we would NOT know before then.

Yes!! I have some good school offers! I am just concerned I am going to get there and be like WTF is this?? My indergrad experience has been so good that now I am scared that I hold it (the experience) on a pedestal. I also like to be in control of situations and walking into a program that I know very little about terrifies me!!!

I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one. I'm sure I'll get there and be fine, but you never know. I'm def afraid of having a "WTF" moment lol 

I found out this morning. Their website was actually down for a good portion of last night/this morning, so I wonder if they're having technical difficulties on their end. There's still hope! I think you'll get in. :)

Congratulations on your acceptance! 

Is anyone else having trouble pulling the trigger on an offer?

I know exactly where I want to go, but I haven't accepted the offer yet.  I think I'm still worried about fit, which is why I took two schools up on their offers to visit and spend some time with them before making my final decision.   

Yes!  I more or less know where I want to go; however, I still haven't heard back from everyone and none of my schools have said anything about funding yet.  I don't want to make a decision until I have all my information.

Also, it's hard being able to make all of these visit days (which I feel would help things become more clear).  A lot of the visit days are scheduled on the same day.  I live about 2-5 hours away from most of my schools, but I don't have a car so that certainly complicates things...

Yes!  I more or less know where I want to go; however, I still haven't heard back from everyone and none of my schools have said anything about funding yet.  I don't want to make a decision until I have all my information.

Also, it's hard being able to make all of these visit days (which I feel would help things become more clear).  A lot of the visit days are scheduled on the same day.  I live about 2-5 hours away from most of my schools, but I don't have a car so that certainly complicates things...

Same here...I haven't heard back from two and I haven't received my funding package from my top choice yet.  I know they're working on it, but...yeah, I'm not accepting until I see it.  My 2nd choice offered me a fantastic package and my friend said I could have his condo while I went to school there, so no way I'm turning that down until I'm absolutely certain about my top choice.  

I'm hope you find a way to make it to some of your visit days.  Trying to sort everything out after receiving acceptances has presented an anxiety that I did not anticipate.  

Just received an acceptance email from Northern Arizona followed by an email saying that the department wold like to "recall" the previous invitation email.. 10 minutes later, I received another acceptance email. WHAT a roller coaster of an acceptance but I'll take it since it is my first acceptance!! 

Anyone else received the same emails?

Just received an acceptance email from Northern Arizona followed by an email saying that the department wold like to "recall" the previous invitation email.. 10 minutes later, I received another acceptance email. WHAT a roller coaster of an acceptance but I'll take it since it is my first acceptance!! 

Oh my gosh?! That sounds really stressful (and kind of unprofessional on their part). Congrats on getting in, though!

Congrats on getting in, but man, what a stressful acceptance! :o

WTH?!? Did the admin accidentally write something wrong.

Same here! I am leaning towards CU because I am from CO but it is such a tough decision. Have you heard anything about funding? I heard they send out that info at the same time as the decision letters so that is a little worrisome... But I will be attending the open house! And congratulations on your acceptances and to everyone else as well!

In my acceptance letter, they said to fill out the form for the WRGP and they would accept it. I haven't heard anything else regarding funding though. I tried to check on the online portal today but it said "unauthorized access." Hopefully we'll hear good news soon! Congrats to you too!

WTH?!? Did the admin accidentally write something wrong.

I think they may have forgotten to attach an attachment in the first email as the rest of the contents were the same. Nonetheless, I nearly had a panic attack!! 

Also received my acceptance letter to Northern Arizona today. I'm glad I didn't get a follow up - I cried enough just finding out I got in somewhere! This has seriously been like the longest week of my life...still waiting on three more schools.

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Any one school you're leaning to? I bet stress is off your shoulders :)

I absolutely loved WVU when I visited there, I'm definitely learning towards that!

I just got accepted to Radford too!  I also saw you are awaiting Clarion.  I go there now.  They are running behind d/t a change in their graduate offices.  Results will not be in for another 2 weeks (probably) but hopefully before!  Our spring break is 14-24 and we were all told we would NOT know before then.

Congrats!  I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it is what I've been hearing so I figured maybe you could say if it's true or not.  Does Clarion mostly only accept their own undergrad students?

jenbugg86, _fairydust, I can't take the credit for clearing up room for you guys, since those weren't my top choices to begin with. That said, I'm REALLY supportive of you both and I'm rooting for you!!!! If me withdrawing helped you guys get financial aid or get accepted at all, I'm happy. :D :D :D

jenbugg86, _fairydust, I can't take the credit for clearing up room for you guys, since those weren't my top choices to begin with. That said, I'm REALLY supportive of you both and I'm rooting for you!!!! If me withdrawing helped you guys get financial aid or get accepted at all, I'm happy. :D :D :D

You're too kind! Thanks :)