2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Towson?? It is my second choice program and I saw on the results that people were accepted today! I still haven't heard anything.

Have you heard from Towson yet? 

I received an email saying I was on the waitlist yesterday morning. Better than nothing but I don't think I will be accepted

Don't think that! Hold onto your hope :)

I was accepted off of the waitlist in June last year!

You've got this!

Rejected from Emerson. I'm more disappointed that it took so long to have the decision posted than I am to be rejected. Hopefully good news will come my way soon!

Rejected from Emerson. I'm more disappointed that it took so long to have the decision posted than I am to be rejected. Hopefully good news will come my way soon!

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm confident you will get an acceptance soon though. Your stats and experience are incredible! 

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that :(  If it makes you feel any better, I was rejected almost immediately after my interview and it didn't feel great either haha.  Especially because that meant that it wasn't my stats that were the problem--it was just me that they didn't like lol.  Safe to say that they messed up by passing us up @argslp!  Your stats are great and I think you'll have a great offer come along soon that will make Emerson look like a school for ants  :)  (Totally joking for all those accepted to Emerson--I'm just bitter! lol)

ants.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm confident you will get an acceptance soon though. Your stats and experience are incredible! 

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that :(  If it makes you feel any better, I was rejected almost immediately after my interview and it didn't feel great either haha.  Especially because that meant that it wasn't my stats that were the problem--it was just me that they didn't like lol.  Safe to say that they messed up by passing us up @argslp!  Your stats are great and I think you'll have a great offer come along soon that will make Emerson look like a school for ants  :)  (Totally joking for all those accepted to Emerson--I'm just bitter! lol)

ants.jpg

Thank you both! The right school will accept me soon. I wish I knew what they didn't like about my application, but oh well.

:rolleyes:

Thank you both! The right school will accept me soon. I wish I knew what they didn't like about my application, but oh well.

:rolleyes:

My parents have been encouraging me to contact schools to find out, so that if it doesn't work for me (again), that I can find a way to improve. The issue is, the rejection letters all stay the same standardized thing - that there were many qualified applicants and that it was a difficult decision. I almost think that there really isn't any specific reason that schools say no - what one school finds exceptional may not stand out to another, because we are presenting ourselves as words on paper to people. And people have so many feelings and emotions and personalities - who knows!

Aww, sorry to hear that. But since it took so long for them to figure it out, you know it wasn't cuz they had issues with you as a person.

@ladyinwaiting23 I was waitlisted pretty soon after my BU interview and when I had walked into the interview they told me I had a really strong application. I think they had issues with me as a person too! Lol

I definitely learned from that interview though.

For those who applied to Radford, I got an email saying I've been waitlisted. It's better than a rejection but I still haven't received that acceptance yet.

Edited by arazi92

Aww, sorry to hear that. But since it took so long for them to figure it out, you know it wasn't cuz they had issues with you as a person.

@ladyinwaiting23 I was waitlisted pretty soon after my BU interview and when I had walked into the interview they told me I had a really strong application. I think they had issues with me as a person too! Lol

I definitely learned from that interview though.

That's interesting, LuxAurorae! The interviewers at BU told me the exact same thing. They said they were impressed by my application and I am a strong candidate - and then I got waitlisted there too!! Initially it was hard for me to take that waitlist because of what they told me at the interview and I really felt like the interview went well. Now I'm wondering if it was something they just said to everyone (since I'm sure most people interviewed at BU are strong candidates anyway).

I'm also accepted to MGH and Emerson -- this really makes me wonder what the adcom are looking for! Even after acceptances, it is still a mystery to me... I don't really know what they liked about me, and what other schools didn't like. :wacko:

@argslp

As I said above, I have no idea how this application works!! I'm rejected by 3 schools and waitlisted at one, but I got accepted to two of my absolute top choices. I really think it's more of a matching game. You are a strong candidate, so if some schools don't accept you that just means you and the school weren't a good fit, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your application. I'm sure you'll hear good news from other schools soon and those schools will be great fit for you!

I was just waitlisted at NYU. I know it's not a rejection, but I'm still pretty disappointed and surprised. I felt that my application was very strong. If you were accepted and don't plan to attend, please let them know as soon as possible!

Thank you all for the kind words (shuca, daisynic, ladyinwaiting23, etc.) - I've reached my maximum number of up-votes for the day, but the support is very helpful. I'm going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best  :)

For those who applied to Radford, I got an email saying I've been waitlisted. It's better than a rejection but I still haven't received that acceptance yet.

did your portal change?

@argslp

You are a strong candidate, so if some schools don't accept you that just means you and the school weren't a good fit, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your application. I'm sure you'll hear good news from other schools soon and those schools will be great fit for you!

Truth! Since I decided to apply, my professors have been drilling the importance of fit into me. After the initial app screening, it's all about fit from there on out. I was rejected from all the schools everyone thought I'd easily get into and accepted into long-shots primarily due to fit.  

did your portal change?

No it did not. In the email they sent, it said that the addmission commitee "recommended me for a waitlist for Fall 2014". I think that is the same thing.

When did they email you or did you email them?

Hey all,

I've stalked this board for a long time but never posted! After a frustrating 3 wait lists in Ohio (my home state/residency), I was accepted to Memphis and Radford, and will most likely decline Radford. I'm still waiting on an answer from my undergraduate home, but I can't really give up Memphis :)

I hope me declining Radford opens an opportunity for someone. Good luck to all of you, I would be happy if ANY of you were my family members SLP! 

Is anyone else confused by Northern Colorado's portal? Mine says application preference not entered .... is that a rejection?

Mine says the same thing...I have no idea what it means!