2014 SLP Admissions Thread

I guess I was just asking about placements in general for our first year.  I would assume that it might be a struggle in fall to have enough spots at the clinic for everyone!  Thanks!

I see. They have had some trouble finding enough hours for everyone in the clinic so they have been doing mini placements at locations around town. It is the responsibility of the program to get us all the hours we need, so I wouldn't worry about it. If they need to, they will place you somewhere else.

@ Caterpillar   

even though no one likes the initial sting always hurts, love that you see the bigger picture!  Great positive attitude! :)

I saw many posts about Southern CT State University on the decision board. I applied there but haven't heard anything. I'm thinking it's because my transcripts were misplaced so I'm not sure what chances I have of getting accepted since it seems they sent out their decisions today. Has anyone else applied there and not heard anything? & congrats to those who were accepted!

I saw many posts about Southern CT State University on the decision board. I applied there but haven't heard anything. I'm thinking it's because my transcripts were misplaced so I'm not sure what chances I have of getting accepted since it seems they sent out their decisions today. Has anyone else applied there and not heard anything? & congrats to those who were accepted!

I applied and also haven't heard anything yet. They seem to be sending out decisions through postal service so if you haven't heard anything, it might just be a delay in the mail.

Smrv,

I applied to Southern Connecticut and did not receive a letter today. I noticed people posted results during the day and I rushed home from work to find nothing in the mailbox from them. I am about an hour and ten minutes away (commuting distance- thus while I applied) from the school, so was a little surprise, but there are two more days to look forward to mail this week. It's funny you say that about your application. I have had to keep in contact with them because they keep claiming they didn't receive my Praxis scores (which was really the waiver). I left a voicemail for the department Friday afternoon, after being urged to do so by the office of Graduate Studies. I received a call back from the Communication Disorders' department Weds. morning stating they had forwarded my Praxis scores to the Graduate Studies office. The woman said she was sealing letters (the decision) as we spoke. I am REALLY hoping this means positive news is on it's way because they continued to send my Praxis scores on, but I might be reading too much into it. Good luck, hopefully we shall know by this time tomorrow evening!

Does anyone know if schools send out their letters in waves? I'm am expecting to hear back from Southeastern Louisiana University soon. I checked the results page, and people have already gotten rejection and acception letters 2-3 days ago! Granted, I am in St. Louis so it may take longer for it to arrive, but I am going crazy over here! I need to know!! Is no news good news?

@ Branderz3     I am in southern California and I got my rejection letter yesterday from SELU.

Edited by twinguy7

BriGirl,

I see that you were accepted to Buff State. How did that acceptance come? That is the last school I'm waiting on and as I haven't been accepted anywhere yet I'm eager to hear back.

Thanks!

@ Commdissci14

I have not gotten a letter yet, but I think it would have come today so I'm anxious to get home and see the results.  I don't get off work for another 2 hours!  Where in the U.S. do you live?  I would think since California is close to NM that I would have gotten mine before today, but we'll see.  IF I get nothing today I am going to email/call tomorrow.

BriGirl,

Thanks! Every year they mail out letters so I have only been worrying about checking the mail. Now I know to keep an eye on my email.

@ Branderz3     I am in southern California and I got my rejection letter yesterday from SELU.

awww!! I'm sorry :( .. I still haven't received anything from them yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Ugh, they lost my transcript too! I haven't heard back either, but I won't see anything until I'm back from spring break anyways.

I got into Eastern New Mexico's distance program! Found out today via snail mail. 

Applied: Eastern Carolina, Eastern New Mexico, CSU East Bay, San Jose State, San Francisco State, South Carolina, Northern Colorado, Idaho State

Accepted: South Carolina, Eastern New Mexico

Wait List:

Rejected: SFSU (I think, I definitely haven't been asked to interview yet so I don't take that as a good sign!)

I got into Eastern New Mexico's distance program! Found out today via snail mail.

Applied: Eastern Carolina, Eastern New Mexico, CSU East Bay, San Jose State, San Francisco State, South Carolina, Northern Colorado, Idaho State

Accepted: South Carolina, Eastern New Mexico

Wait List:

Rejected: SFSU (I think, I definitely haven't been asked to interview yet so I don't take that as a good sign!)

Congrats!!

Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting awhile for my letter then. Like ladyinwaiting, I think it will be between MGH, where I was given a scholarship, and Vanderbilt. I do like that Vanderbilt has one less semester. Both have great clinical opportunities. I will be weighing the fit of programs soon. I just feel grateful to have options. UT Dallas sounds like a great option as well as Vanderbilt! It is great that you already have good experience with the professors. That's one thing I want in a program is to "click" with the professors since they will serve as examples and mentors. Good luck with making a decision! Sadly I won't be able to attend the student events for either schools. If you guys go please share any insights.

Yes, UTD I feel is often underrated by students who don't know how great it is! It is hard because I am really leaning towards Dallas, but an extra 20,000 to Vandy makes a big difference. I do get the feeling UTD would be more "fun" and less stressful overall, just due to the environment at the program. Vandy definitely seems more intense. Although Vandy carries more prestige nationally, and has the edge in terms of prestigious faculty. At Dallas however, I could start in the summer. They also have more specialization working with children with autism which is a huge interest of mine. I will definitely be visiting both programs to make a decision and I will let you know insights I gain from Vanderbilt.

Best of luck to you! Did you receive your financial letter from Vandy yet? Hope it was good news!