2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Thank you! No, I have never been before. I'm really familiar with western Carolina area, I have been to Asheville, but I have not been I the Johnson City area. Is it big area/ or "trafficky" place? Congrats on your acceptance!

No, it's quite small, but still things to do. No big traffic issues.

Congrats!!

Thank you! No, I have never been before. I'm really familiar with western Carolina area, I have been to Asheville, but I have not been I the Johnson City area. Is it big area/ or "trafficky" place? Congrats on your acceptance!

I am from Asheville :) Johnson City is nice, it's small - so no definitely not trafficky at all and close enough to visit Asheville, Boone and some other places in TN. It's a good location and definitely things to do! I applied to ETSU also, haven't heard back yet! Thank you though, i'm so excited to be going somewhere!

Just received an acceptance email from Redlands!!! I am so excited!!! That also means that I'll be rejecting the offer from Northern Arizona. Good luck to all!

Congrats!!  I just got my acceptance e-mail as well. I am excited but now I have a million questions about funding. Are you from S. CA? I lived in San Jose for 9 years but have little familiarity with Redlands and the job/living situation there. Anyhow, I am thrilled. Congrats again!

@nik24  Congrats!  I grew up 20 minutes from Redlands!  Great place to go to Grad School! 

Congrats!!

Congrats!!  I just got my acceptance e-mail as well. I am excited but now I have a million questions about funding. Are you from S. CA? I lived in San Jose for 9 years but have little familiarity with Redlands and the job/living situation there. Anyhow, I am thrilled. Congrats again!

Thank you everyone!! 

@e_lena, Yes, I grew up in So Cal and Redlands is about an hour away from me which means I would still have to move. I have visited Redlands a few times and it is a nice little city. I have heard that the cost of living around Redlands is cheaper than the more concentrated areas of LA, which is definitely comforting to know!! Are you going to accept your offer at Redlands??

Thank you everyone!! 

@e_lena, Yes, I grew up in So Cal and Redlands is about an hour away from me which means I would still have to move. I have visited Redlands a few times and it is a nice little city. I have heard that the cost of living around Redlands is cheaper than the more concentrated areas of LA, which is definitely comforting to know!! Are you going to accept your offer at Redlands??

I would absolutely love to say that I will be accepting, but the tuition is very high and unless I am able to get an assistantship with tuition remission… I can't imagine taking out $50k+ in loans.

I just called Adelphi today and found out I was accepted! I applied to their Manhattan Center Sunday program. Did anyone else get accepted there or know more about this program? I feel like it could be a good option because I could probably keep my part-time job while going to school which would be nice!

Hi everyone! So I have been accepted to 3 schools and rejected from one so far. Still waiting on one more. I officially declined University of Houston (with GA + $2000/yr). I LOVED the faculty and the program, but they didn't have a bilingual component, so I opted to go with a program that did. 

Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, which has a stellar bilingual program, just offered me a spot with the exact same GA offer as Houston. I will more than likely decline the offer for Texas Christian, who is paying for 80% of my tuition and has the smallest program (I went to a huge public university for undergrad, so I want to get into a more intimate, individualized classroom setting for grad school). 

I was rejected from UT Austin, so BIG congrats to everyone who got in there! It's an amazing school and Austin is one of my favorite cities ever. 

Still waiting on Texas State San Marcos, but I heard they're taking until April -_-. If they manage to beat TCU's offer, I will highly consider it, but that's very improbable, as they have a bigger class size and TCU is private. We'll see! 

Anyone else hear Texas news?

So happy for all of you and your acceptances! :D And congrats to the one who got into Abilene! Seems like a fantastic school!

Edited by TerapistaRae

I got an acceptance email from University of Redlands, too! I'm so excited! :D But I don't know if I will accept because of the price tag, although I am interested in their program. I am just beyond thrilled to have options! :D

Hopefully good news! Just wish we could get our notifications! Do you remember those links being there before?

Not at all. I didn't pay any attention when I first logged on. Gah! Good luck!

FINALLY GOT ACCEPTED TO KENT STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!! 2nd yr. applying and am ecstatic to be accepted as this was my first choice school!

Congrats! You now change your username to FutureSLP! You are on your way!

FINALLY GOT ACCEPTED TO KENT STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!! 2nd yr. applying and am ecstatic to be accepted as this was my first choice school!

Congrats!! That's awesome!! :)

The only one I know for sure is Grand Valley, they said they'll let us know by the end of the week-as we just interviewed this past week. And according to the results page, Eastern Michigan won't let us know until the beginning of April. Ugh.

The only one I know for sure is Grand Valley, they said they'll let us know by the end of the week-as we just interviewed this past week. And according to the results page, Eastern Michigan won't let us know until the beginning of April. Ugh.

It seems like I won't be hearing from my last 4 till April either! I thought I would have heard from all of them by now. I didn't realize how long some programs took to send decisions out!

AH MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE! Idaho State sent their email this afternoon, and I just burst into tears. I didn't even know what school it was, all I saw was "Congratulations" and I went off the wall.

I swear, I'm not usually this crazy...

Congrats!!  :D