2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Got my first rejection this morning from Southern Connecticut State University. While I'm bummed, I wasn't very set on attending there.

Now, if only my UNH portal status would finally change to show me some good news!

Got my first rejection this morning from Southern Connecticut State University. While I'm bummed, I wasn't very set on attending there.

Now, if only my UNH portal status would finally change to show me some good news!

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting to hear from Southern Connecticut but maybe I will get something in the mail today.

I'm hoping you have some luck with UNH! :)

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting to hear from Southern Connecticut but maybe I will get something in the mail today.

I'm hoping you have some luck with UNH! :)

Best of luck!! And thank you  :)

@marina ballerina

I preemptively marked one of my schools off as a rejection because I didn't get a required interview, however, I ended up being waitlisted. Huge surprise. Anyway, it isn't over until it's over so don't give up hope yet :)

YAY, argslp! Isn't it an amazing feeling to know you actually have a choice? :) Those acceptances will continue to come! Congratulations once again!

I never thought that I'd be in this position! Making a decision is going to be so difficult! Thank you  :)

Congrats to all who received good news this week!  :D

I just want to tell you how much I admire your positive attitude, and how you take the time to congratulate everyone, even though I'm sure biting your nails over hearing from Brooklyn and your interview at Lehman. I'm hoping and praying that you get in, because if it's any indication of your personality and empathy towards others, then the field of SLP needs people like you!

Has anyone heard from LSU Baton Rouge about anything? I saw in the results page someone said that they were meeting to send out letters today. Any truth to this? This is my top school!! I noticed on the email that our paws information came on said that housing, financial stuff, and scheduling should pop up as options on our pages once we're accepted. They're on mine, but with limited access and I don't remember if they were there before.

When can this be over??? Hahaha I'm killing myself with anxiety!

I haven't heard back from LSU yet, but I have those links available too.  What does it mean??!

I just want to tell you how much I admire your positive attitude, and how you take the time to congratulate everyone, even though I'm sure biting your nails over hearing from Brooklyn and your interview at Lehman. I'm hoping and praying that you get in, because if it's any indication of your personality and empathy towards others, then the field of SLP needs people like you!

Thank you so much, TheRealMSol. 

In reading the various stories, I really feel the passion many have for this field. It is so nice to see people passionate about working towards field that ultimately makes lives better. 

The never give up attitude is so inspirational. 

I hope to report good news.  :)

Does anyone know if no news is good news? People on here have already heard back from Southeastern Louisiana University and I haven't heard anything! Should I call the school on Monday if I don't get anything tomorrow? Thanks! 

Edited by branderz3

Does anyone know if no news is good news? People on here have already heard back from Southeastern Louisiana University and I haven't heard anything! Should I call the school on Monday if I don't get anything tomorrow? Thanks! 

Southeastern already sent out all letters. I'd call.

Yes, UTD I feel is often underrated by students who don't know how great it is! It is hard because I am really leaning towards Dallas, but an extra 20,000 to Vandy makes a big difference. I do get the feeling UTD would be more "fun" and less stressful overall, just due to the environment at the program. Vandy definitely seems more intense. Although Vandy carries more prestige nationally, and has the edge in terms of prestigious faculty. At Dallas however, I could start in the summer. They also have more specialization working with children with autism which is a huge interest of mine. I will definitely be visiting both programs to make a decision and I will let you know insights I gain from Vanderbilt.

Best of luck to you! Did you receive your financial letter from Vandy yet? Hope it was good news!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be getting my letter tomorrow. I've heard great thing about UT - Dallas and also that the job market in Texas for SLPs is great (which is hopefully true for many other places)! With prayer and visits I think it will be clear if price really makes a difference. I have to remind myself that it's mostly about if the school provides the clinical experiences and the focus of expertise I want (if I am looking for something specific). When you go visit I'm sure one will feel more like "home." After no rest to get into grad school we all want to work hard but hopefully enjoy the place we got to for the next few years! Good luck! Excited for you to decide! Edited by Yancey

Does anyone have any idea when PA state schools will start notifying their applicants?! I think it's ridiculous that it's March 22nd right now and I still haven't heard from 3 of my 4 schools

I haven't heard back from LSU yet, but I have those links available too. What does it mean??!

Hopefully good news! Just wish we could get our notifications! Do you remember those links being there before?

I do! Identical twin.  Are you identical or fraternal?

I am fraternal! Sometimes my sister and I have to show our IDs to people just because they don't believe we are twins! hahaha!!