2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Hi ballerina18,

I emailed Jude Jones at ISU but she's out of the office until next week. I really hope we find out soon. How did you hear from WKU? I have not heard from them yet and I applied to the distance program. I was also waitlisted at UNCO.

I spoke with the financial aid office and the graduate admissions office this morning. I didn't exactly get solid answers on why we received an award, but the admissions office basically stated that the CSED department is still reviewing applications and should finalize decisions very soon. One person I spoke with said it could have been one office jumping the gun by sending out award letters, but ultimately those award letters don't mean anything because nothing can be processed until fin-aid gets the final go ahead from CSED dept and graduate admissions. I'm still taking it as a good sign, but I was told it isn't a guarantee that we have been accepted into the program.

When I spoke with the scholarship office I was basically told that I should apply for non-BOSS (online system) scholarships before the deadline (April 4th) despite the department delay in admissions.

http://www.isu.edu/scholar/opensc.shtml

Got my acceptance emails from Montclair State AND New Paltz today!!

That should make us all happy, because I probably won't be attending either one - two more spots for someone else!

Officially sent in my deposit and made my decision...Towson it is!

Congrats!! Towson is such a great program. I've loved doing my undergrad there!

AH MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE! Idaho State sent their email this afternoon, and I just burst into tears. I didn't even know what school it was, all I saw was "Congratulations" and I went off the wall.

I swear, I'm not usually this crazy...

That's great, congrats! Did you apply to the residential or distance program? Thanks!

Accepted at Brooklyn! Can't believe I've almost heard from everywhere by now! Decision time is right around the corner...

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting to hear something from Brooklyn so hopefully I'll be hearing today. 

I just called Brooklyn College and was told they are still reviewing applications. Sadly, I am losing hope. 

I did call Lehman College and left a message for their graduate director. I would like to know why I was denied. If I decided to apply again, I know what needs work. 

Interestingly, despite having emailed them several weeks ago withdrawing my application (perhaps I had the wrong address?) I just got waitlisted at Texas State.

Agh! I was waitlisted too and from the looks of it, the waitlist is a mile long. O well you never know, I still have hope. This is the school I have been waiting three months for. Wish me luck!

My first acceptance!!! Grand Valley State University!!! Biiiiiiiiig sigh of relief! :)

Yesssss! Been waiting around just to see you get good news, twinguy7!  You deserve it for your tenacity and kindness to others who were already accepted. Woohoo!

:D