2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Well, I was just rejected from UNH. I'm absolutely heartbroken, but maybe it was just meant for me to go to Plattsburgh!

It's too bad I'm at work where there's no alcohol...

I am so sorry Sammehh.  Look on the bright side, you have someplace to begin your SLP career!

Well, I was just rejected from UNH. I'm absolutely heartbroken, but maybe it was just meant for me to go to Plattsburgh!

It's too bad I'm at work where there's no alcohol...

You just need one of these: 

http://www.amazon.com/The-WineRack-200-008-Wine-Medium/dp/B001FYZZI2

I am so sorry Sammehh.  Look on the bright side, you have someplace to begin your SLP career!

Thank you for the support, it definitely helped me today! I'm now getting myself to look forward to moving to New York.

That wine bra is too funny! I actually almost bought one once for when I go to baseball games...why buy a $9 beer when you can bring your own wine?

I was recently accepted to Saint Louis University off of the waiting list! Super excited.

I'm having trouble deciding between SLU and Northern Illinois University. 

Does anyone have any further information or input about either of these schools? Both seem like good matches for the clinical work and research I am interested in.

I applied to NIU and I wasn't impressed with them at all! They screwed up my application and I couldn't get confirmation from them that it was received until 3 weeks after the application date. They were also rude during my interview and I haven't heard anything from them since. Which is OK because I don't want to go there anyway after my experience. Maybe it was just the Au.D. department...

I applied to NIU and I wasn't impressed with them at all! They screwed up my application and I couldn't get confirmation from them that it was received until 3 weeks after the application date. They were also rude during my interview and I haven't heard anything from them since. Which is OK because I don't want to go there anyway after my experience. Maybe it was just the Au.D. department...

I definitely had a different experience with the CommDis department. They were very friendly and accommodating when I visited. The facility was amazing as well.

I definitely had a different experience with the CommDis department. They were very friendly and accommodating when I visited. The facility was amazing as well.

I'm happy to hear that! Good luck on making your decision :).

According to the Results section two people got emails today from CSUEB and one person got a letter of acceptance in the mail from SJSU. My heart just jumped when I saw something in my inbox...It was from Wells Fargo saying my online statement is ready to view :/  

I'm freaking out right now, guys. Has anyone else NOT heard back from these schools? BTW my husband already got the mail today and I live in San Jose, so the fact that a letter was not there from SJSU does not make me feel good. 

According to the Results section two people got emails today from CSUEB and one person got a letter of acceptance in the mail from SJSU. My heart just jumped when I saw something in my inbox...It was from Wells Fargo saying my online statement is ready to view :/  

I'm freaking out right now, guys. Has anyone else NOT heard back from these schools? BTW my husband already got the mail today and I live in San Jose, so the fact that a letter was not there from SJSU does not make me feel good. 

We also live in San Jose! And haven't heard anything from SJSU. 

Hopefully this is helpful,

I go to SJSU currently (I'm an undergrad). Most of the posts that I have seen in the results forum have been from fellow SJSU undergrads (we were notified before anyone else about acceptances to the Master's program). It also looks like some people have been hearing back about the Extended Master's program at SJSU. Don't worry if you haven't heard yet, they probably haven't sent anything out yet. Although, to be honest with you, last year SJSU took about 20 Master's students and from what I've heard 15 of those were SJSU internal applicants and only 5 had gone somewhere else for their undergrad. 

Accepted my offer to the University of South Florida for Fall 2014!!! :D

Congratulations! I go there now for undergrad and I love it. The clinic is gorgeous. The professors and supervisors are awesome. You'll love it! If I didn't have to move north I would have stayed here in a heartbeat.

Hopefully this is helpful,

I go to SJSU currently (I'm an undergrad). Most of the posts that I have seen in the results forum have been from fellow SJSU undergrads (we were notified before anyone else about acceptances to the Master's program). It also looks like some people have been hearing back about the Extended Master's program at SJSU. Don't worry if you haven't heard yet, they probably haven't sent anything out yet. Although, to be honest with you, last year SJSU took about 20 Master's students and from what I've heard 15 of those were SJSU internal applicants and only 5 had gone somewhere else for their undergrad. 

That's really helpful, thanks for posting! Makes me feel much better about my rejection from last year, I knew the stats were something like that but geez. Same with SFSU, apparently a few years ago they didn't take anyone from outside their undergrad pool, but still accepted applications, which I think is kind of evil but what can we do? 

Hey group, I am new to the site, congratulations to those who got accepted to schools and best wishes to those that so far have not! I am wondering if anyone has accepted an offer from Idaho State University, and if so where will you be attending (Pocatello, Meridian, Online)?

Hi HawaiiMikeO!

I will be accepting my offer for ISU the Meridian campus-unless I get off of Eastern's waitlist by April 30th. Otherwise I'll be packing my bags for Idaho! Are you planning to attend their program?

erdestromp,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I will be attending ISU-Pocatello campus! If I understand right I think half the professors are at the Pocatello campus and half at Meridian. I don't know if that means well have contact with those of you who will attend the campus in Meridian, but essentially well be in the same "cohort"?! How will the decision making process work for you if Eastern wont let you know up until the 30th, isn't  ISU's deadline the 15th? Good luck with that final decision making process. Aloha!

Hey group, I am new to the site, congratulations to those who got accepted to schools and best wishes to those that so far have not! I am wondering if anyone has accepted an offer from Idaho State University, and if so where will you be attending (Pocatello, Meridian, Online)?

I was accepted to ISU's online program but it is so expensive that I'm not sure I would be able to attend. I'm hoping to be accepted off the waitlist at the University of Northern Colorado. If I don't get in there, I'm not sure if I should wait and reapply next year or just go to ISU and take out $50000 in loans. The other thing is that Norhtern Colorado only accepts a cohort every other year. So I would have to branch out and apply to programs farther away. what would you all do?

I was accepted to ISU's online program but it is so expensive that I'm not sure I would be able to attend. I'm hoping to be accepted off the waitlist at the University of Northern Colorado. If I don't get in there, I'm not sure if I should wait and reapply next year or just go to ISU and take out $50000 in loans. The other thing is that Norhtern Colorado only accepts a cohort every other year. So I would have to branch out and apply to programs farther away. what would you all do?

You have great numbers, so I'm sure you can get into many schools if you reapplied. I completely understand, though! Most online program are going to cost that. I chose to take the online program that offered me admissions (even though I was offered admissions to on campus programs) because it's much more convenient for me, and it allows for me to work while going to school, choose my practicum settings, and stay near my family. I'm going to be taking about that much out in loans, and it's a SCARY feeling! However, if online is what you want to do, you're likely going to end up taking that much out in loans a year from now, so I say go for it. You'll start your career a year earlier and make an extra year's salary more than what you would if you waited a year. It's totally your decision. That was just my logic. :)

I'm getting kind of antsy with hearing back from Midwestern Univ.. My interview was 2/26 and they said we would hear back within 3 weeks! I called like 2 weeks ago and they said that it was still under review. Ugh- even if I'm rejected, I just wanna know!

erdestromp,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I will be attending ISU-Pocatello campus! If I understand right I think half the professors are at the Pocatello campus and half at Meridian. I don't know if that means well have contact with those of you who will attend the campus in Meridian, but essentially well be in the same "cohort"?! How will the decision making process work for you if Eastern wont let you know up until the 30th, isn't  ISU's deadline the 15th? Good luck with that final decision making process. Aloha!

I have already discussed my options with ISU. Thankfully, there are no repercussions and they don't require a written release if a student chooses to rescind their acceptance after the 15th. Not as professional, but I guess it happens often if people get off the wait list at other schools. So I will still accept and then end up rescinding if I get into Eastern. Either way I am just so happy to have an acceptance and I know ISU is a great program. It would mostly be the convenience of being closer to where I currently live, since ISU is also offering me in state tuition. Congrats on the acceptance by the way!

I'm getting kind of antsy with hearing back from Midwestern Univ.. My interview was 2/26 and they said we would hear back within 3 weeks! I called like 2 weeks ago and they said that it was still under review. Ugh- even if I'm rejected, I just wanna know!

Did you just call admissions when you called? I want to try calling this week. I hvent received any news at all. at this point I don't care the verdict I just want to know!

Edited by Nponzo

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Cleveland State? I saw a few results posted but I have yet to hear....

Also, for anyone considering sending a loci, I would recommend sending it to the department chair and/or graduate coordinator. I called and e-mailed schools to ask whom to address the letters and was not given much information. They basically said they were not necessary and would not give me contact information.

Just curious if anyone else that applied to USF's Suncoast program has not heard a thing like me....no acceptance, no waitlist, no denial....should I be worried? is this normal?