Anybody heard from NYU or would like to share information?

Haha, I saw ppl write poems about it and I loved it! Btw. I just saw Yale on the board! God if they made their decisions already just tell us!!!

NYU works at it's own rate. I think these boards actually do more harm than good sometimes. When I was blissfully unaware, I didn't stress out nearly as much. Who is your POI at NYU?

I did not contact any Professors before applying, but I am interested in the German professor Mr. Baer. I also like Celan and I wrote my master thesis about him and Ingeborg Bachmann. But my interest is in culture studies. I wrote to him afterwards but no reply:(((((

NYU works at it's own rate. I think these boards actually do more harm than good sometimes. When I was blissfully unaware, I didn't stress out nearly as much. Who is your POI at NYU?

So u think we still have hope???

I also think I might be rejected from Stanford .....stressing out!

So u think we still have hope???

I also think I might be rejected from Stanford .....stressing out!

I spoke with Emily Apter and Ana Dopico, who is on the admissions committee (whoops). I actually wrote about Apter in my thesis (obsessed with Translation Zone and her new book On world Literature).

If you haven't heard anything from Stanford yet, that may be a good sign- if you were outright rejected I think they would tell you. It's all I got ;)

I spoke with Emily Apter and Ana Dopico, who is on the admissions committee (whoops). I actually wrote about Apter in my thesis (obsessed with Translation Zone and her new book On world Literature).

If you haven't heard anything from Stanford yet, that may be a good sign- if you were outright rejected I think they would tell you. It's all I got ;)

Lol, also love world literature theories~ I was not invited to an interview in Stanford so I guess chances are slim. I emailed them, no reply.

I mean at this point it has to be just rejections left, right??

It really depends, sometimes it doesn't mean anything. It really depends on the program. The waiting sucks but I too emailed NYU and they said March for final decisions. I haven't seen anything else on the board for Comp Lit so I just have to accept that they haven't sent anything else out.

I'm debating emailing them because one of my schools prefers to have an answer by March 15th (UConn) and though it isn't mandatory, I don't really want to wait past that time for people on the wait list if I was somehow accepted though I highly doubt it. 

I'm debating emailing them because one of my schools prefers to have an answer by March 15th (UConn) and though it isn't mandatory, I don't really want to wait past that time for people on the wait list if I was somehow accepted though I highly doubt it. 

Hey Horb,

did you email them? I did it before they did not answer.

I am thinking of calling.

The good thing of calling is they might not even know who you are haha.

Hey Horb,

I just got accepted into their unfunded MA (kinda feels like a slap in the face) via email. You'll probably hear soon.

It only feels like a slap in the face bc it implied I wasn't a critical thinker or analyst. So yeah. . .

If it makes you feel better, this is part of my reply from UC-Davis when I asked what I could do to become a more competitive applicant in the future:

One reviewer got what she called more of a "creative non-fiction vibe"

from your file than the kind of future literary critic/scholar vibe,

as it were, that we are looking for. This admittedly made us wonder if

a PhD in literature program was the best fit.

Um...ouch? Haha

Hi,

I've been lurking for months, but this is my first time posting here. I was just accepted into the MA program at NYU with a tuition scholarship of $10,000. I had no idea that they offered aid of any kind to MA students and never seriously considered attending until now (I already live in NYC and would love to stay here). According to the email I received, a limited number of students receive partial funding through the Wickham Moore Scholars program. Just wanted to share this bit of information considering the recent discussions about NYU and other unfunded MAs.

I hope this helps those who are still awaiting a decision.

Hey Horb,

Call them! (and let me know what they tell you ;) )

Call them! (and let me know what they tell you ;) )

I think they considered a lot of ppl rejected but maybe qualified for MA, that's what holding them up. I would like to email them again. I think they would send out results officially before MA decisions are sent out which is late.

I just emailed them. It's hard for me to call them since I am international applicant:). Do u think we still have hope?

Well, we haven't been rejected yet ;) I do have hope. They did say no until March, so we'll find out this coming week probably. When I applied last time, (not to NYU), I heard all my decision by Feb. 28-29 (leap year). 

Well, we haven't been rejected yet ;) I do have hope. They did say no until March, so we'll find out this coming week probably. When I applied last time, (not to NYU), I heard all my decision by Feb. 28-29 (leap year).

You're right, but it feels kind of bad. Just got an rejection from Columbia. I am not having big hope on NYU, but maybe they would consider me for MA? I wrote twice but they won't answer.