Anyone here from CUNY English yet?

Last year they started getting back to people on the 11th, so I'm assuming it'll be in the next few days. 2012 they e-mailed people with rejections first, 2013 they did acceptances and rejections at the same time, so we'll see what happens. I'm also waiting to hear from them.

I caved and emailed the DGS.   Results are happening after Feb 18th.  AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!

Oof! Wonder if the extra wait was caused by the weather or if they just got a late start this year. I have to wait a whole week? Yikes. I was hoping to hear back from 3 schools this week, but now it looks like I might only hear back from 1.

There are definitely more coming! CUNY usually admits a decent amount of students, though funding is the big question. They didn't even provide funding a few years ago if I remember correctly, but they have certainly made a lot of changes to their program. I don't think they offer it to many, though.

I hope we both hear good news as well!

Congratulations!They're my top choice, so really hope I hear back from them soon so that I know one way or the other. Do you mind if I ask if your email was from POI? 

Thank you! Yes, the person who emailed me was one of my POI (I put down three on my SOP).

I just wish I knew what my place on the waitlist is. As someone already mentioned, in the email they said they made a total of 39 offers and they fund 21 people so... that's a pretty long wait list, no? I hope I'm not like number 20 or something yikes. But at the same time I'm stoked so six one half-dozen the other I guess.

Hi guys, I am considering an offer from CUNY for French and I was wanted to ask you guys in general how CUNY is perceived by others. For example, to you guys, why would you be interested in going there ? I know its a different field, but it's still literature and there's some overlap (lit. theory, etc.)

Thanks !

CUNY is pretty highly respected. I've been told that in terms of placement, you have a guaranteed placement in the city for a job if you want to be a professor.

I would be interested in attending because it has a good financial package, is well respected, and is in the heart of NYC. It's part of the NYC consortium, so if you are a PhD student there, you can also take classes at NYU, Columbia, and Fordham (and maybe another school I'm forgetting) each semester. Also, the ny public library is great and their main branch isn't far from CUNY (actually, CUNY grad is pretty centrally located to lots of cool stuff being that it's on fifth ave).

And, if the idea of living in the city appeals to you at all, there's that. Hard to beat NYC's diversity, culture, and vibrancy.

I don't know about French but the faculty in English are completely amazing.  The courses are fabulous and it's pretty awesome to think that you can go to all of those other NYC schools as part of the consortium...now that they have funding it's pretty appealing--they have a 1-1 teaching load after the first year (research in the first year). 

But...I am waitlisted.