Beverage of choice as regards stress-relief drinking:

dgswaim

I was wondering which adult beverages all you applicants out there prefer as a personal prescription for stress management (for those of you who partake in the use of intoxicating beverages, that is).

I find that when I'm at a medium level of stress, I go for craft beers. When it gets to be really bad, I go straight for the overproofed bourbons. 

I was wondering which adult beverages all you applicants out there prefer as a personal prescription for stress management (for those of you who partake in the use of intoxicating beverages, that is).

I find that when I'm at a medium level of stress, I go for craft beers. When it gets to be really bad, I go straight for the overproofed bourbons. 

I'm just going to ignore the little part I made bold and say grape juice. I have quite a thing for grape juice. 

I fry bagels in vodka and top them off with hot sauce.

That sounds delightfully disgusting, if such a description could ever be appropriate.

As for me, I have a weakness for ouzo. Don't know why, but I can't drink enough of the stuff. That, whisky, or vodka. Oh! and Baijiu (Chinese rice liquor). Basically anything that'll knock me on my ass in three seconds flat.

I own a hand-crank coffee grinder that was purchased in Germany by one of the world's leading Kant scholars.  I use this grinder to make delicious (fair trade, of course) coffee.  And for me, nothing satisfies like coffee.  My life is probably five or ten percent better because of coffee.  Sometimes I worry about my future, and then I remind myself that coffee is a part of my future.  And then those worries fly away.  Like right now, for instance.  In this world of uncertainty, one thing is certain.  On April 16, I may have no good offers of admission. I may have wasted years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars on this quixotic pursuit of ideals in Massachusetts.  But this I will have: I will have my coffee.

I own a hand-crank coffee grinder that was purchased in Germany by one of the world's leading Kant scholars.  I use this grinder to make delicious (fair trade, of course) coffee.  And for me, nothing satisfies like coffee.  My life is probably five or ten percent better because of coffee.  Sometimes I worry about my future, and then I remind myself that coffee is a part of my future.  And then those worries fly away.  Like right now, for instance.  In this world of uncertainty, one thing is certain.  On April 16, I may have no good offers of admission. I may have wasted years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars on this quixotic pursuit of ideals in Massachusetts.  But this I will have: I will have my coffee.

Fair Trade... does the grinder, based on its origins, feel obliged to the categorical imperative? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...