post-interview waiting time line

psychgi213

I interviewed at a Psychology PhD program on January 31st and still haven't heard anything back yet. No acceptance posts on the forum, but two wait listed posts. Is it plausible they're still in deliberation in admissions? How long after an interview do acceptances usually go out?

I think 2 weeks is an appropriate time to check-in and ask when you can expect to be notified. Was a timeline something they gave you in the interview? Most schools I interviewed with told me that they make a decision within one week.

eta: also, have you looked on the results search to see how long after the interview decisions took to be made in past years?

Edited by iphi

So far I've been hearing back about a week or within 2 weeks of my interviews.  Depending on if they had additional interview weekends after mine or not.  You'll hear when you do, so until then just try to relax and distract yourself.  The news will be coming.  Best of luck!

No timeline was given during the interview! I do know that some applicants have gotten wait listed emails already. Is it plausible that wait list emails would go out before acceptances? If not, shouldn't I have heard something?

Thank you all for your responses!!

In my experience, they usually know within a week or two.  However, one of my schools last year took a little more than a month to tell me (and I've been told I was my POI's first choice).

Did applicants get wait listed before you got your acceptance?

I think 2 weeks is an appropriate time to check-in and ask when you can expect to be notified. Was a timeline something they gave you in the interview? Most schools I interviewed with told me that they make a decision within one week.

eta: also, have you looked on the results search to see how long after the interview decisions took to be made in past years?

No timeline was given in interviews! Previous activity on the results board doesn't really give much info :-/. The waiting is torture!

No timeline was given during the interview! I do know that some applicants have gotten wait listed emails already. Is it plausible that wait list emails would go out before acceptances? If not, shouldn't I have heard something?

Thank you all for your responses!!

It's very possible they had a different POI who contacted their top candidate and their waitlist students already, and that your POI hasn't gotten around to contacting anybody yet. That would not be unusual.