Rejection thread

ianfaircloud

Has anyone NOT heard back from UCLA? I'm wondering if I should still be holding out hope, considering that I did not receive the rejections many did....

I've not heard from UCLA.  I'll bet that a rejection is on its way for me, but I have no idea what's going on behind the curtain.

When I called the department yesterday, they said that they were sending out a "first wave of rejections" (?!) "this morning" and that they were probably "making final offers [that day.]" So, idk? Maybe there's some hope that some of you who haven't received rejections will be admitted?

When I called the department yesterday, they said that they were sending out a "first wave of rejections" (?!) "this morning" and that they were probably "making final offers [that day.]" So, idk? Maybe there's some hope that some of you who haven't received rejections will be admitted?

I can't believe I'm waiting on fucking UCLA to just god damn tell me something before I accept another offer.

What number did you call? None of them will answer their phones!

Edited by TheVineyard

I can't believe I'm waiting on fucking UCLA to just god damn tell me something before I accept another offer.

I recall some mention that you were accepted at a T-5 program. Do you need to wait for UCLA to make a decision?

I recall some mention that you were accepted at a T-5 program. Do you need to wait for UCLA to make a decision?

I've answered this multiple times in multiple threads. I am in a 2 body problem and one body didn't get in there, but got in at other great schools in the same cities that I received offers from lower ranked programs. LA would be one of those cities. Also, funding is relevant.

If that's your attitude toward UCLA, why not just accept the other offer? 

Can I not be frustrated at the bureaucracy and decision speed of these applications but still see it is a good option for myself and my fiancee to study for the next 5+ years?

Edited by TheVineyard

I've answered this multiple times in multiple threads. I am in a 2 body problem and one body didn't get in there, but got in at other great schools in the same cities that I received offers from lower ranked programs. LA would be one of those cities.

Can I not be frustrated at the bureaucracy and decision speed of these applications but still see it is a good option for myself and my fiancee to study for the next 5+ years?

You've posted 360 times--you can hardly expect us to have read all of them. There are a lot of threads and posts here. You seemed especially anxious to hear from UCLA, but it was odd given the context of your T-5 offer and your negative attitude toward the department. We asked sensible questions--no reason to get defensive. Your position (now) makes sense--thanks for clarifying. Would you accept at UCLA if you received an offer?

You've posted 360 times--you can hardly expect us to have read all of them. There are a lot of threads and posts here. You seemed especially anxious to hear from UCLA, but it was odd given the context of your T-5 offer and your negative attitude toward the department. We asked sensible questions--no reason to get defensive. Your position (now) makes sense--thanks for clarifying. Would you accept at UCLA if you received an offer?

I really don't have a negative attitude to the department in general, but a very negative one toward the way the department is handling themselves today.

And it would probably be the best option for us both.

I've answered this multiple times in multiple threads. I am in a 2 body problem and one body didn't get in there, but got in at other great schools in the same cities that I received offers from lower ranked programs. LA would be one of those cities. Also, funding is relevant.

I haven't read every post in these threads, and I was simply curious because I happened to read a post or two about your T-5 acceptance, but none about the 2 body problem. Anyway, good luck to you and your fiancee.

Edited by wandajune

I haven't read every post in these threads, and I was simply curious because I happened to read a post or two about your T-5 acceptance, but none about the 2 body problem. Anyway, good luck to you and your fiancee.

You seem like such a nice person. I'm glad you did so well in admissions. Good luck in Madison. Reasons to love Madison: beer selection, beautiful weather from May to December, nice people, unique downtown, low cost of living. And then there's UW Madison, which is one of the best public universities in this country.

You seem like such a nice person. I'm glad you did so well in admissions. Good luck in Madison. Reasons to love Madison: beer selection, beautiful weather from May to December, nice people, unique downtown, low cost of living. And then there's UW Madison, which is one of the best public universities in this country.

I forgot to factor the beer into my decision!!!! :o :o :o :o

I forgot to factor the beer into my decision!!!! :o :o :o :o

Fear not, fellow philosopher. The craft beer culture in Austin is thriving. Austin Beer Works, 512 Brewing, Real Ale, Jester King and Adelbert's are all great crafters of beer in the area, and that's just scratching the surface. You're in good shape.

Thank you for the kind words! Indeed, I'm look forward to the beer selection and other wonderful aspects of living Madison.

• 2 weeks later...