Fall 2015 Applicants

In Hac, funny that you posted -- I was just coming to this thread to say that the OSU DGS was making his calls today to announce the results of the graduate school fellowship nominations, so I imagine they have a better understanding now of what their funding situation looks like and people should be hearing back soon (more acceptances and wait lists).

Edited by thepriorwalter

In Hac, funny that you posted -- I was just coming to this thread to say that the OSU DGS was making his calls today to announce the results of the graduate school fellowship nominations, so I inagine they have a better understanding now of what their funding situation looks like and people should be hearing back soon (more acceptances and wait lists).

Blargh, I haven't heard from him yet. Hopefully soon! They've quickly moved to the top of my list; a first year fellowship would very nearly assure my commitment to them. 

In Hac, funny that you posted -- I was just coming to this thread to say that the OSU DGS was making his calls today to announce the results of the graduate school fellowship nominations, so I imagine they have a better understanding now of what their funding situation looks like and people should be hearing back soon (more acceptances and wait lists).

Good to know, thanks! ::crosses fingers::

Does anyone else feel like they applied to the schools that take forever and a day to decide? I have two implied rejecctions, and I know OSU and PSU are still a bit in flux, but eight of the programs I applied to haven't contacted any applicants.

*sigh*

Yeah, I've got five programs left (including PSU), and I have very little confidence about any of them at this point...but I'd rather like the whole thing to be done so that I can mentally move on and start devoting myself 100% to UMD.

If one of these programs happens to offer me acceptance, that's great of course -- a dream come true! But since that's likely not the case, I'd rather have the finality.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Yeah, I've got five programs left (including PSU), and I have very little confidence about any of them at this point...but I'd rather like the whole thing to be done so that I can mentally move on and start devoting myself 100% to UMD.

If one of these programs happens to offer me acceptance, that's great of course -- a dream come true! But since that's likely not the case, I'd rather have the finality.

Big hugs, WT. Hang in there!

I have five programs left too (most of ours are the same I see!)I'm pretty ready for the whole process to be done too, but hang in there. We're all rooting for you I think :)

Agh, I know this is silly, but Harvard is my last school and I just want them to notify already!!! I'm so tired of waiting and checking and waiting and checking... with that last school my application season will be over, and I can do my due diligence with visits and negotiations and finally settle back into happy scholarly stress instead of Big Life Decisions stress. 

*fidgets impatiently*

Agh, I know this is silly, but Harvard is my last school and I just want them to notify already!!! I'm so tired of waiting and checking and waiting and checking... with that last school my application season will be over, and I can do my due diligence with visits and negotiations and finally settle back into happy scholarly stress instead of Big Life Decisions stress. 

*fidgets impatiently*

I'm sure it's only going to get worse as I hear from more places and, consequently, getting closer to knowing exactly what's going on. However, it being Feb. 19th with ten schools left to hear from is maddening (only two of those are solidly implied rejections)! Why are all the schools I applied to taking so long this year?!

So I spoke to my advisor today, and I'm going to look for jobs that are temporary but could be permanent. I'm currently looking into PR internships for the summer. Any other ideas (besides an office assistant)?

Are you coming out of undergrad? What are your research interests?

On a side note, I got an email to check the status of my U Delaware app on the website, but my log in info is at home on my laptop and I am at work. I'm 99% sure it's a rejection, but the prolonged anticipation does not make for a productive work day.

Edited by 1Q84

Crossing my fingers for you!

I emailed an adcomm chair a while ago and never heard back. I emailed again yesterday and still haven't heard back. Is this a bad sign? Could be indicative of a department that is "too busy" for their own students. I want to call the guy but I really think that would come off as pestering. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Although I just read like 10 buzzfeed articles about how cold it is on the east coast right now, so I don't think I'll be too upset if I don't have to live in blizzard conditions.

Is this for a program to where you were accepted? If so, I'd call the heck out of them. If not, maybe give it a few days. I'm sure they're crazy busy.

*fidgets impatiently*

Feel exactly the same way. 4 programs left to hear back from. I'd like to be able to mentally start making the decision as to where it is I'm headed.  Lots of school work to do to keep me occupied, but it hasn't prevented me from taking a look here and at my email frequently.

I emailed UGA today to see about when decisions were going to come out/my status. I have a deadline to apply for a fellowship at my first choice that requires writing a 750 word...thing ("professional goals statement" what is that?) so I need to know what the deal is over there ASAP. I'll let you guys know what I find out, though I can't remember seeing anybody else waiting on news from them...

I emailed UGA today to see about when decisions were going to come out/my status. I have a deadline to apply for a fellowship at my first choice that requires writing a 750 word...thing ("professional goals statement" what is that?) so I need to know what the deal is over there ASAP. I'll let you guys know what I find out, though I can't remember seeing anybody else waiting on news from them...

Fantastic. Let us know what you find out. I applied there as well.