Mr protagonist Posted February 24, 2014 Share Posted February 24, 2014 Hi everybody, I have a problem. And since many of you are much more experienced, I was hoping you could help. I applied to several PhD programs and have, so far, received multiple rejections and one wait list. I was just notified today that I was accepted to NYU's unfuded MA program. I still have two more programs to hear from, one that offers funding, but is highly competitive, and the other that is lower ranked, but has flaky funding packages. I'm not sure how funding issues work out for wait-listed applicants should they be accepted. So, should I take the offer? This would mean I would have to quickly search and apply for external funding, which, hopefully, the university would match, or should I wait for other options? If I do not receive funding, I'll have to take out loans for tuition and living expenses...in New York. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now