Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Sorry!

No worries. A glimmer of hope is better than no hope at all! Enjoy the weekend in NYC.

After living here in Moscow for two years it was great to think of getting to study in the heart of America's most interesting large city. I'll still hold on to some irrational hope until I get an official rejection. Maybe I can pull off a Doug Flutie-esque hail mary to finish out the game!

For the person looking for info about UNC on the results board, it looks like 5 admits went out already. UNC doesn't necessarily have the best funding packages, so there's a chance to get off of a waitlist, but I've basically written that application off. UNC is also fairly slow to send out rejections.

I'm in the same boat JJWS. I've heard that Emory has already released all acceptances, but I feel that it's all speculation at this point. I'm also wondering the same thing about Vanderbilt... I know that a few acceptances went out early last week (congrats to those folks by the way!) but no word since. The silence is deafening! 

Thanks JJWS! I certainly hope so! That program happened to get a truncated version of my SOP (seriously, 500 words is a tough restriction) so I sent him a longer version.

Commiserations to the Emory rejections. Hope you all hear some good news soon!

I'm in the same boat JJWS. I've heard that Emory has already released all acceptances, but I feel that it's all speculation at this point. I'm also wondering the same thing about Vanderbilt... I know that a few acceptances went out early last week (congrats to those folks by the way!) but no word since. The silence is deafening!

My understanding is that Vandy sends out all of their acceptances at once...

My understanding is that Vandy sends out all of their acceptances at once...

In the past Vanderbilt used to have a waitlist, but I am not sure if they have one for this year. For example, three of the nine cohort members of the class that entered in Fall 2011 were originally in the waitlist.

Just got rejected from Emory, Stanford earlier this week.

I applied to 10 places, so far those two are all I've heard. I'm freaking out. Should I be looking for food service jobs? (Honestly. I'm not looking to feel better, I'm just hoping for some truth)

I applied to 10 places, so far those two are all I've heard. I'm freaking out. Should I be looking for food service jobs? (Honestly. I'm not looking to feel better, I'm just hoping for some truth)

Looking for jobs is always good! I have good news but I still am looking for a part time or temp job :( .

You applied to 10 schools, just remember you only need to get in to 1! Looking for jobs is always good but skip food service and apply to office jobs. You might work 40 hrs a week but they're regular hours, more responsibility, and you'll be able to focus on boosting your application for the next cycle. (Because you're not having to close at 11 and be back at 7am.) If I don't get in I'm looking for a job in an office or working front desk at a hotel (did this full time throughout undergrad, I could study in my downtime and didn't have to waste gas going to work for a 4 hour shift like I do now.) It's good to be realistic but when you've still got 8 schools to hear from you shouldn't already be counting yourself out.

In the past Vanderbilt used to have a waitlist, but I am not sure if they have one for this year. For example, three of the nine cohort members of the class that entered in Fall 2011 were originally in the waitlist.

That is encouraging... Until I hear further I will cling to that small hope haha