Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

All the stress.

I finally got a job offer today (yay!) on a lovely team and at a good rate (double yay!). It's a job I initially applied for because the contract end date syncs up perfectly with moving back across the pond and starting the school year. 

Meanwhile, I have a second interview with a HOLY F I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BRAND HEADHUNTED ME company, at an even better rate, on a long-term/permanent basis, meaning I can stay and save until I get in somewhere rather than returning home in defeat when my visa expires.

The offer wants to know by close of play Monday.

This would be a really good time to get an acceptance. 

Is anyone else having a bizarre cycle?

I am getting rejected all over the place but got into Berkeley. It seems every place I thought I had a good shot at rejected me and my pipe dream let me in. I think it has to do with fit.

Still waiting to hear from a bunch of places.

Good luck everybody :)

Earlier i said that NYU had accepted only 7 students total but it turned out to be a misunderstanding. They accepted 7 United States student, but something like 20 total.

Does that mean 20 US-based or 20 US citizens? I am the the latter but currently not the former. Also, have they notified everyone already?

Edited by chtodelat

20 ish students across all su fields. And yes, they have notified all acceptances, we are currently at Prospective Student Weekend.

Well there goes my glimmer of hope. I was thinking that because I am very far from NYC they may be have staggered some admissions for the non-US based applicants.

So, I got an email of acceptance to the Graduate School at SUNY-Binghamton, but I don't have any information from the department. Anyone have any experience with this scenario? 

I do! I got an official letter from Ohio State on a Friday but didn't hear anything from the DGS until Monday. I'd expect that they just finalized their decisions and sent them off to the graduate school -- thus prompting the graduate school system to send you the email they received -- but they won't get to sending out the official emails until next week.

Congratulations!

Edited by girlscoutcookies