Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Wooo! Made it to Bloomington! I love how green the environment is and the architecture is so pretty. I wasn't expecting the humidity though but it's not too bad. Orientation is next week =D

Drive carefully in Davis. Why did the turkey cross the road?

What's up with the new layout???? 

GSAS orientation is tomorrow; that's my first official school thing, then classes start the following week.  I just bought the books for my classes and just looking at that list is exhausting! 

When do classes actually start for you guys?

Lucky.  I start on the 27th of this month.

I've been in touch with my adviser through e-mails on summer reading in preparation for my own research and I have definitely encountered the "one word e-mail" of sorts.  I remember spending an hour or two writing, re-writing, editing, and re-editing an e-mail to my adviser, only to get a single sentence back that he clearly wrote in one minute.

Edited by Galdis

Survived my first week of classes and assignments, and now I'm in my second ^.^ I even managed to get a grader position for an undergrad course; nothing too glamorous but Im satisfied as a first yr MA haha. 

I feel the same way, wacyeah and ashiepoo72! My adviser, and grad mentor have been SO helpful and welcoming. In fact, the entire dept is great. I am very happy to be here, and I know I made the right choice by coming to IU.

Edited by LeventeL

Been completely AWOL since my classes started.

I I love this place: my advisor is nurturing and caring, the cohort and dept are ridiculously friendly and welcoming. Dept drinks every Friday and cohort drinks Wednesday's. Have language + 3 grad classes + AT'ing (helping/observing the TA) so my schedule is packed.

anyone signing up for attending any conferences yet?

IU has a major conference every year, sometime in the Fall. Unfortunately, its too late for me to sign up, but I'd love to participate in next year's conference; depending on the focused issue. If I have something presentable by the end of this semester, I'll look at other conferences in Spring/Summer 2016