Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Hang in there, Josh and JTE -- each cycle is going to be an improvement!

Got my rejections from Michigan (email) and Harvard (system). Just happy they are answering...am hoping Columbia get back quick as well so I can accept UNC!

I got the same rejections today, too. To be honest, I just feel relieved at this point.

Edited by Wullbluomen

Congrats to the Liberty university admit with full funding!  The history of American sin program there is top notch and quite unique.  :P

I thought about it but I didn't know if I could master speaking in tongues for the language requirement...

I just hope that UPenn and Columbia put me out of my misery by sending out formal rejection letters tomorrow so I can finally cross them off of my list...

According to the Grad Director who I spoke to, Columbia have already completed their admissions process, so they'll be notifying this week. Only 8% of candidates admitted!

Hang in there, Josh and JTE -- each cycle is going to be an improvement!

I got the same rejections today, too. To be honest, I just feel relieved at this point.

Haha, same here Wullblomen. Just want Columbia and Cornell to do the same ASAP.

According to the Grad Director who I spoke to, Columbia have already completed their admissions process, so they'll be notifying this week. Only 8% of candidates admitted!

Have they let most of those candidates know already though? Saw a bunch on the results page a couple of weeks or so if I'm not mistaken (very easy considering how much I've been drinking recently).

Well, I just got a job offer to teach a class on U.S. History Through Film back in Oregon in the Fall....so at least I'll be in a classroom, teaching, if not studying.

That's brilliant! I know someone studying with me who's a PhD student at the History dept at UO. Regardless, that is great news.

Guys, I got into Iowa!

Brilliant! Congrats. Decisions decisions decisions...

Well, I just got a job offer to teach a class on U.S. History Through Film back in Oregon in the Fall....so at least I'll be in a classroom, teaching, if not studying.

Amazing!!! That sounds like such a dream course to teach.

Guys, I got into Iowa!

Congrats Heimat!!!

Awesome to see another rough day finish off with some good news. How's everyone doing with holding it together this week? 

I really don't envy you guys waiting on U of T results at the mo. According to TA friends back home, the administration is being really underhanded (i.e. putting a 15 minute time limit on terms issued at 2:45 IN THE MORNING) and it's just a bad scene. Fingers and toes crossed for a good outcome that benefits you all should you choose to go. 

Have they let most of those candidates know already though? Saw a bunch on the results page a couple of weeks or so if I'm not mistaken (very easy considering how much I've been drinking recently).

It looks like they've let all their acceptances know, and will be notifying the rejected/waitlisted this week. Don't take that as gospel though, I could be wrong.

I'm so thrilled! I didn't get put forward for funding at Durham, which has a full supervisory fit - which is VERY odd. But AHRC funding is ridiculously competitive. I might still get it from Cambridge, too, apparently. And I've been put forward for funding at York...