I remember dfindley

PhD applicant

I just was thinking. We should make badges or buttons that say 'I remember dfindley' and wear them to conferences so we can recognize each other and say 'hey, sup?'.

Update: Have someone who will make iron-on patches for us for free. Considering also suggestion of 'my metaphysics are awesome'.

Edited by PhD applicant

I can see it now:

You're at a conference, looking to find Professor so-and-so in the hallway so you can ask him that question about modal realism. Your black blazer is soiled with a hoagie from yesterday, but no matter. Your trusted "I remember dfindley" button will draw the attention away. Before bending down to tie your shoe, you catch your reflection in the mirror. You're pretty sure there's someone behind you. Something warm grazes your ear. 

"I am dfindley," he whispers. 

Brilliant.

But wasn't it "My metaphysics are superior"?

He wrote both. "Superior" does have a better comic quality though...

I can see it now:

You're at a conference, looking to find Professor so-and-so in the hallway so you can ask him that question about modal realism. Your black blazer is soiled with a hoagie from yesterday, but no matter. Your trusted "I remember dfindley" button will draw the attention away. Before bending down to tie your shoe, you catch your reflection in the mirror. You're pretty sure there's someone behind you. Something warm grazes your ear. 

Probably there's a sort of tingling in your spine at this point. You turn around to see a man, medium build, corduroy suit, mildly disheveled in his general appearance. Slowly your eyes come to meet, and there is a kind of tacit knowing behind each person's eyes. Then, finally, you open your mouth to speak: "Dude. Why are you whispering shit in my ear? That's fucking creepy dude."

I can see it now:

ROFL, so sorry I'm out of upvotes. Damn. 

Probably there's a sort of tingling in your spine at this point. You turn around to see a man, medium build, corduroy suit, mildly disheveled in his general appearance. Slowly your eyes come to meet, and there is a kind of tacit knowing behind each person's eyes. Then, finally, you open your mouth to speak: "Dude. Why are you whispering shit in my ear? That's fucking creepy dude."

And this takes it to a whole teenage romance level...

Edited by PhD applicant

Okay, so I feel like the biggest dork right now because I went and did this today...

But on the plus side, I did something more than just check my email over and over.

I have copies, PM me your mailing address if you want them and I will send...

vxy9mo.jpg

Okay, so I feel like the biggest dork right now because I went and did this today...

But on the plus side, I did something more than just check my email over and over.

I have copies, PM me your mailing address if you want them and I will send...

vxy9mo.jpg

WHAT?! Haha, this is awesome. How do I know you aren't dfindley and going to send me a copy of your book for review?