Decision Thread 2014

daykid

Thanks everybody! Forsaken, if you ever want to come out to visit Brown, lemme know!

Yay, you already know this but CONGRATULATIONS! We are going to be classmates! Pretty excited about this :)

CUNY it is!

Hey guys! I'm accepting my CUNY offer! I've also been offered a couple courses to adjunct at Hunter! Hooray! :D

So happy for the both of you! You'll be in the same cohort :) That's always nice!

Thanks. I did accept. They wanted to know ASAP because if I didn't take the GTA then they wanted to pass it on to someone else before the deadline. Its a grad teaching assistantship with full tuition and fees + stipend and health insurance. Very similar to my offer from LSU. It was the hardest decision of my life. I liked both schools so much, but I'm confident I made the right choice.

It's been a long ride. So glad to be done.

King- I meant had you already accepted the LSU offer?

No I hadn't. My POI at UCF told me to hold off while he tried to find me funding. My offer from LSU was great so I didn't think they'd be able to trump it. Then, on the last day of the time limit he set, they offered me. haha.

Was a tough decision. I knew I would be happy at either university.

So after a lot of back-and-forths, weighing of pros and cons, and some soul searching to figure out what is really important to me in my graduate education, I've decided and I'll be attending Brown in the fall. I am so excited about my advisers and the unique opportunities I've discussed with them to really shape my degree how I want it.

Congrats to everyone who has decided and to those who haven't, good luck. It's almost over!

Yay, you already know this but CONGRATULATIONS! We are going to be classmates! Pretty excited about this :)

I finally decided to accept Brown's offer as well (Joukowsky) -- not quite anthro, but we most probably will have class together at some point! Yay!