Vanderbilt University 2014

NeuroGirl042

Hello everyone! I thought I would begin a topic so we could get in touch with anyone else attending Vanderbilt this fall. Has anyone figured out housing yet?

Congratulations on your acceptances, and I hope to be able to meet you all soon! 

I'll be attending Vanderbilt in the Fall! Haven't figured out housing yet but have been looking at craigslist and padmapper every now and then. Planning on moving to Nashville around the beginning of August, depending on when we need to be there for orientation. 

Hey guys,

I'll be moving to Nashville in late July. We are looking at buying a house if any current residents can offer their input on neighborhoods? Looking forward to the IGP. :D

Just decided to accept the offer today for the Masters in HEA program! Current undergraduate here already. It was so difficult trying to decide, but I'm feeling pretty good with my decision. :)

Hey guys!

I have offers from Penn state and Vanderbilt, I haven't yet decided and it's getting pretty hard to pick but well I keep looking at places in Nashville and sometimes am quite sure I'll be there this fall :-) (if someone has an idea about each of them, feel free to enlighten me)

If I attend Vandy I'll be there early August I NEED a roommate and also the place to be close since I don't have a car, so anyone???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi y'all,

I didn't find this topic the first time I searched for Vanderbilt, but I'm glad I found it. I'll be moving to Nashville to start my Masters in Latin American Studies. 

Does anyone have suggestions on where to live? I want to be very close to campus. 

Also, is there an accepted students day?

Hey y'all! I'll be starting the M.Ed. program in School Counseling at Peabody this fall! Anyone want to try to start a group to find housing for? (the more people, the cheaper)

• 1 month later...

If anyone out there is still looking for a roommate and/or a place to live, I am in the same boat. I'll be a special ed student in the fall and plan to move to Nashville in mid-August. An apartment or town house with one or two other girls would be nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

Woot, woot! Incoming Vanderbilt student here. I just managed to finalize my housing last week. I will say I had great success on the Vanderbilt off-campus referral service, and through checking craigslist at least once or twice a day. Housing is going really fast.