Who should I email??? Grad admissions or my POI?

doingthings

I've spoken to grad admissions at my school of interest and they have little knowledge of what is happening to my application. There's no coordinator I can email, so I'm just thinking about emailing my PoI (for a master's program). Is this a bad idea? Should I just keep waiting? I'm just so... ;lsakdjfa;lskjfodsi

When was the application deadline for this program?  

Has there been any correspondence between you and your POI up until this point (for instance, maybe they said "We're rolling out acceptances soon!" and that's what's got you so anxious? Or perhaps you're just generally anxious cause it's well past the deadline?)?

I was curious about this too. One of my POIs said results would "definitely" be out within a couple weeks. It's been 3..... If I were to contact the school, would I email him or the admissions head? (I'll probs just wait it out)

When was the application deadline for this program?  

Has there been any correspondence between you and your POI up until this point (for instance, maybe they said "We're rolling out acceptances soon!" and that's what's got you so anxious? Or perhaps you're just generally anxious cause it's well past the deadline?)?

The unofficial deadline was January 5th, if I was considering funding, but the actual deadline for MS students is April 30th. My POI told me they would be making decisions in the second and third week of February, and, since then, a bunch of other admissions have rolled out (on the results search). That's what's getting me anxious. I can't tell if they're just waiting til the end to slaughter me, if they'll review my application after April 30th and then reject me, or some other undesireable fate.

Such wuri. Much confyuz. 

Edited by doingthings

I e-mailed two programs a few days ago. One of them had a designated person to e-mail for questions, the other did not. I e-mailed the Program Co-ordinator at the second program. I've heard back from neither, but it's the time of the year when they're probably getting a lot of e-mail so I'm not too worried on that front. There is one person in the results search who has heard back from one of the programs so I really don't know

ARGH!!!

Apparently, visitation day for said university is in two weeks. I called again this morning, and the secretary told me she had no idea why it is taking so long for them to review my application. I'm about ready to just email my POI and ask him if he knows what is up, but it seems like a terrible idea. 

I feel like this thread is basically just me freaking out. Forgive me.