NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

I know right, i think the same thing. If only people had told me I need a 4.0 to get into school. BUT don't lose hope. I also graduated with a 3.46 and have gotten an acceptance, and wait lists, as well as have 3 more schools to hear from. It's not always the GPA - and sometimes it helps to find schools that look at more than just the numbers, and especially those that do interviews. It tells a lot!! You just have to find the right fit for you. 

I know right, i think the same thing. If only people had told me I need a 4.0 to get into school. BUT don't lose hope. I also graduated with a 3.46 and have gotten an acceptance, and wait lists, as well as have 3 more schools to hear from. It's not always the GPA - and sometimes it helps to find schools that look at more than just the numbers, and especially those that do interviews. It tells a lot!! You just have to find the right fit for you.

Thank you for the encouragement!!! I'm really hoping one of them is the right fit! It must feel so good to be accepted into a program, congrats!!

Hopefully we will get atleast one acceptance!! There is still hope! I really think its my 3.4 GPA. but it is comprised of all core classes and I did not know what I was doing until my junior year! FML If only I could do it all over again.

I'm sure you will get in!!!!! I know exactly how that feels. Good luck to you.

Edited by whoknows14

Shopping for a Spring wardrobe is my new obsession because I have no control over this process anymore  ^_^ Just neeeed one.. 

The mailman must think i'm a troll...as soon as he drops off the mail, I run out of my garage, down to the mailbox and then I disappear until the next day when the mail arrives again lol - I wish I worked earlier because I'd have to wait. AND everything comes through email anyway, so what? am i doing.  :blink: Figured I'd share a little bit of my want-to-be SLP life.

Edited by Stephanie2323

Shopping for a Spring wardrobe is my new obsession because I have no control over this process anymore ^_^ Just neeeed one..

The mailman must think i'm a troll...as soon as he drops off the mail, I run out of my garage, down to the mailbox and then I disappear until the next day when the mail arrives again lol - I wish I worked earlier because I'd have to wait. AND everything comes through email anyway, so what? am i doing. :blink: Figured I'd share a little bit of my want-to-be SLP life.

Shopping for a Spring wardrobe is my new obsession because I have no control over this process anymore ^_^ Just neeeed one..

The mailman must think i'm a troll...as soon as he drops off the mail, I run out of my garage, down to the mailbox and then I disappear until the next day when the mail arrives again lol - I wish I worked earlier because I'd have to wait. AND everything comes through email anyway, so what? am i doing. :blink: Figured I'd share a little bit of my want-to-be SLP life.

I hear you lady, shopping is my therapy also. I thought it would be easier this second time applying but it's not, it's actually worse. My mailman knows me all too well for the same reason and I admittedly have said some really bad words while waiting for him growl on my face,lurking out the window, being extremely upset for being an hour late. Yikes! You are right though we have no control over it and no matter what happens we will be okay. I know because I was devasted last year after being rejected to all of my schools and I actually booked a flight to a random place (Seattle) the night of my final rejection and I cried for hours camouflaging myself in the rain. I know dramatic right! But seriously I ended up okay, better than okay and it proved that I had a lot more perseverance and strength that I gave myself credit for. I also now have had some amazing experiences within the field that I wouldnt trade for anything. It WILL happen it just might take longer than others but if that happens it will be so much sweeter because you had to work that much harder. I wish you luck. I wish us both luck, as I sit with you in the same boat.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

Edited by jenbugg86

lolol I swear the mail people come whenever they want! They had it coming ;) Aww, that sounds like a sad story (from a movie lol), but I bet it felt good to let it out! Perhaps I should start checking flights... I once had a roommate who told me that it's poisonous not to cry. I feel the same way, this whole process brings out our strength and shows how resilient we really are! I love your outlook on this past year, thats really nice and definitely part of the journey. I applied last year to two programs and realized the obstacles I would need to overcome.. just hope I did that! Agreed, after all of this torture an acceptance is going to feel amazing, and we will be even more grateful. We will get in! it's not over yet and there is still hope- hanging on until the very end. we can do it :) Thank you and good luck!

But I may be wrong about the WMU email, apparently it's a "we don't know what to do with you" one. And apparently Michigan State said if you haven't heard, you're in the "we don't know what to do with you" boat. Eastern Michigan, the last school I'm waiting on, started sending stuff today, I think.

Got another rejection today... That makes 3 rejections and 1 wait list for me. Still have to hear back from WCU and NCCU. It stings to get rejected, but I'm honestly just so happy I have a solid plan B that it doesn't get me too upset. It might take me another year or so, but I won't let this get in the way of my dream! :)

Edited by cheltroy

But I may be wrong about the WMU email, apparently it's a "we don't know what to do with you" one. And apparently Michigan State said if you haven't heard, you're in the "we don't know what to do with you" boat. Eastern Michigan, the last school I'm waiting on, started sending stuff today, I think.

I haven't heard anything from them, which can't be good :/

Got another rejection today... That makes 3 rejections and 1 wait list for me. Still have to hear back from WCU and NCCU. It stings to get rejected, but I'm honestly just so happy I have a solid plan B that it doesn't get me too upset. It might take me another year or so, but I won't let this get in the way of my dream! :)

love your positive attitude! I'm rooting for you :)

I spent almost the whole day without thinking about grad school and where I'd be going. I think at this point I have other things to focus on and that's helping.

what a great positive attitude to have!  do you mind sharing what your plan B is?  I don't have a plan B right now..and I am trying to gather ideas..

Does anyone happen to know how Gallaudet does their letters? Been rejected from 6, wait listed at one and waiting on Gallaudet. It seems they sent out their acceptances, then rejections and now... La la land?? So confused if they send them out in waves now or what, but I'm hoping for some good news, very soon! Good luck to everyone! This process is too stressful