NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

did anyone apply to appalachian state?  I just went on to check the status of my application and it says decision has been made on application.  I can't figure out how to get the decision?  I'm assuming it is bad considering I didn't get an e-mail to check it and the first round of decisions had gone out a week ago.  if anyone knows how to check it, please let me know! thanks!

did anyone apply to appalachian state?  I just went on to check the status of my application and it says decision has been made on application.  I can't figure out how to get the decision?  I'm assuming it is bad considering I didn't get an e-mail to check it and the first round of decisions had gone out a week ago.  if anyone knows how to check it, please let me know! thanks!

It's possible they mail their decisions! When I applied to Montclair last year, they updated when a decision was made on the website, but said that they only send decisions via postal mail. I know it's a different school, but maybe they also follow that protocol. Good luck!

It's possible they mail their decisions! When I applied to Montclair last year, they updated when a decision was made on the website, but said that they only send decisions via postal mail. I know it's a different school, but maybe they also follow that protocol. Good luck!

that would drive me nuts!  I live pretty far from north carolina haha.  I looked at the previous years and they post on portal/e-mail.  I'm just confused because it said posted on application and I just looked through my whole application and I can't find the decision anywhere.

did anyone apply to appalachian state? I just went on to check the status of my application and it says decision has been made on application. I can't figure out how to get the decision? I'm assuming it is bad considering I didn't get an e-mail to check it and the first round of decisions had gone out a week ago. if anyone knows how to check it, please let me know! thanks!

They sent out an email last week with acceptances and waitlisted people. They said the people who got accepted had until March 28th to inform the school of their decision. Then those on the waitlisted would be told sometime after March 31.

They sent out an email last week with acceptances and waitlisted people. They said the people who got accepted had until March 28th to inform the school of their decision. Then those on the waitlisted would be told sometime after March 31.

have you heard from them yet?

I have not heard anything either :/, I'm guessing it may be bad news for me.

Mine is the same, can't see the letter. last year they put the letter on the portal, and sent an e-mail saying check portal. mine says decision made but no portal change - maybe it takes awhile to update?

Mine is the same, can't see the letter. last year they put the letter on the portal, and sent an e-mail saying check portal. mine says decision made but no portal change - maybe it takes awhile to update?

yeah that could be true.  I e-mailed them anyways just because I'm impatient and would rather know the outcome sooner than later!

yeah that could be true.  I e-mailed them anyways just because I'm impatient and would rather know the outcome sooner than later!

Let me know what they say!! 

I just want some good news today...or even bad news at this point, I'm just tired of waiting on schools. Specifically ones that have sent out stuff to others...if you're going to reject me, waiting won't make it hurt any less...am I right?

I just want some good news today...or even bad news at this point, I'm just tired of waiting on schools. Specifically ones that have sent out stuff to others...if you're going to reject me, waiting won't make it hurt any less...am I right?

That's what I'm saying too!  I would just rather know so I can start working on ideas for plan B.  The process feels like forever

yeah that could be true. I e-mailed them anyways just because I'm impatient and would rather know the outcome sooner than later!

I know someone said they were having trouble with the portal so that could be why there is no letter. My portal still says my application is complete and ready to be reviewed. Maybe give it a day or two then call.

I know! I don't want to start plan B and then have it be for  nothing. I mean I'm on a few waitlists so that may be the case, but still! It's like...just let me know! I mean, I know they have a lot of work to do but if you're going to start to tell some, you should just tell all.

I know someone said they were having trouble with the portal so that could be why there is no letter. My portal still says my application is complete and ready to be reviewed. Maybe give it a day or two then call.

Mine just updated.. Denied! I am okay with it though. I went there for undergrad, and am excited to be going somewhere different. Good luck to everyone else, hope you get in where you wanted! 

I know! I don't want to start plan B and then have it be for  nothing. I mean I'm on a few waitlists so that may be the case, but still! It's like...just let me know! I mean, I know they have a lot of work to do but if you're going to start to tell some, you should just tell all.

I understand your frustration. That was me last year, and i'm still waiting to hear from 4 and a waitlist. It's such a long process and so competitive that it's hard. :/ They should have better systems but unfortunately they don't. I hope you get in or get off a wait-list!! It will work out, don't give up! 

Thanks, honestly at this point I really want to get in because it's making my parents feel sad that I'm not. I know that's not the best reason but my dad feels so bad for me and I don't want them to feel bad for me. If I didn't make it, there's plan B. It's not the biggest deal but my parents don't realize that.

Thanks, honestly at this point I really want to get in because it's making my parents feel sad that I'm not. I know that's not the best reason but my dad feels so bad for me and I don't want them to feel bad for me. If I didn't make it, there's plan B. It's not the biggest deal but my parents don't realize that.

Awww, I completely relate! My dad is having a hard time too. He's literally just sad for me, and feels so badly that I've been getting so many rejections. I'm super appreciative that he is not disappointed in me (which I know he never would be), but just feels for what I'm going through. We will be able to make ourselves happy and share great news with them soon though, I can feel it! :)

Definitely understand. My parents were the same way last year :/ it's hard to understand how competitive it is from outside, and parents just want the best for us. I'm sure you'll get in - 4 more schools and 2 wait lists!!! :) 

As a mom, I can tell you that it is so hard when your kid's are rejected after they have worked so hard, as I am sure you have.  But also, know that whatever the outcome I am sure your parents are very proud of you and all the work you have done to get to this point.  It's not over yet!  Just have to be patient.  Think too, that being on a waitlist is positive.  It's basically saying, we want you, we just dont have enough room and we hope that someone will decline our offer so we can accept you. 

Am I taking a bad risk by following up on my application?

Can I ask when you recieved notification from CSULB?  I am still awaiting a response from them.  I heard they had interviews already so my hope are diminishing. . .

Being wait listed is crushing my hopes for acceptance. I called hofstra and I was told that I'm "top 30" in the wait list. I honestly don't think that I'll be accepted.

Speechie218, Hofstra your first choice? I went there for undergraduate school. I paid an arm and leg...LOL

Speechie218, Hofstra your first choice? I went there for undergraduate school. I paid an arm and leg...LOL

Hey Arcanelady27, it is not my top choice but I am becoming really anxious, and thought that it would be a safety school. I was hoping to get into Lehman or Brooklyn. I have a friend that interviewed on 3/21 at Lehman and she came out crying. She told me that she didn't feel positive or confidence of what Lehman's answer is going to be. And that has made me extremely nervous. I don't know what to do, I'm going over old CSD notes but I'm having a mental breakdown.  :unsure:

As for Brooklyn I haven't heard from them and a lot of people have had interviews, I don't know what else schools are looking for. 

Being wait listed is crushing my hopes for acceptance. I called hofstra and I was told that I'm "top 30" in the wait list. I honestly don't think that I'll be accepted.

I don't think top 30 is too bad of a place to be.  I imagine that many people on the waitlist will have accepted other offers by April 15th, so there is still quite a bit of hope!