order of accepting/declining offers

caaats

do you decline all but the one you're going to accept, then accept that last one?  

what do you say in emails to profs you've had personal contact with? 

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I don't think the order matters, as long as you decline all the ones you don't want to go to and accept the one you do. As far as what to write, I would suggest just thanking them for all their help and saying you made the decision that was best for you.

I'm still waiting on financial aid offers from a few of the schools that I've been accepted to so I've been declining offers on a sort of rolling basis.  I don't know which one I want to accept yet but as I move through the process it gets a little easier to tell which schools aren't the best fit for me

Edited by iPsych

I am waiting till I am absolutely certain that the school of my top choice has enrolled me for sure. I am scared of rejecting offers, to be very honest. I want to wait till I am 100% certain about the school I have selected.

I'd accept and be certain that the program I accepted has everything taken care of to be certain that I'm going there. Then, and only then, would I bother with declining.