Dead Silence

gryffindor.hero

My application deadline was 15 January (although I had my application in by 1 December). I have heard absolutely nothing from this school.  I also emailed the admissions, after a week of no response I emailed two of my POIs. Still nothing. I realize that my likelihood for admission is very low at this point but I can't imagine a school not responding with a decision. Has anybody experience this issue with a school before? 

There is not a section on the application page to see the status, unfortunately. 

I submitted my application for a program on October 16 for a December 1 deadline, and have also heard nothing! I contacted the admissions coordinator and they haven't sent out any decisions yet, positive or negative. They are waiting for something to be approved by the FGS. So silence doesn't necessarily mean rejection.

Regardless, after waiting nearly 6 months, I think I am losing my mind.

Have you checked the results page to see if there were acceptances or rejections sent out already?

There are none, this year or any other, for the program at the school I am waiting on, unfortunately (and believe me, I check often LOL).

Edited by *Jenny*

There are none, this year or any other, for the program at the school I am waiting on, unfortunately (and believe me, I check often LOL).

Oh wow that's tough. The only other thing I can think of is to actually call them. It's harder to ignore a phone call and they might give you valuable info.

Oh wow that's tough. The only other thing I can think of is to actually call them. It's harder to ignore a phone call and they might give you valuable info.

I called about three weeks ago, and had my husband call four weeks before that (not using my name). She said that "it's complicated" and they're trying to sort a few "special cases" out with the FGS. I'm starting to worry they're abandoning the program or something.

Thanks for your advice and kind words :)

I finally heard from a professor! "I do know that no official offers have been made and I believe they are still weighing candidates." While this is great news, I already assumed that I was not accepted. Now I have to continue playing the waiting game  :unsure: 

They actually did respond to my queries always. I got accepted into the program, got my admit letter too through their portal. I had few questions so emailed them and its more than a week they haven't responded! Earlier to that they would respond within a couple of days. Emailed them again for a response as well as asking for a Fee structure document to apply for education loan. But there's dead silence! Have mailed both the individual person and the dept, no response from either!

Or does this mean they have revoked admission, and hence are not responding? But they haven't informed me about it, very confused!

What do I do? The deadlines are approaching! Have to go through the visa process too! Any suggestion?