Fall 2015 Applicants

Argh.  I am sorry, I am a noob on this board so I haven't figured out how to reply to a post other than quoting people!

Hey! My firends are also avoiding hanging out with me from fear that  i will talk about gradschool and how sad i WILL be or what i WILL do if i get in....This site has not censored me unfortunately. But , it does feel really good to have an outlet like this, so welcome. And, I always say this, you already have one acceptance , so everything else is like a +  ,not a necessity. It takes ONE , and you have it- my deepest congratulations (and jealousy ) ;)

Thanks Daisy123!  My friends are good people, but I am an adult student who made a career change so most of my friends are non-academics and, while happy for me, they don't always "get it" when I am babbling about the GRE or whatever!   
This looks like the perfect place to be able to say "Grr!  Argh!" and get sympathy/constructive advice   :D

Hey! There actually haven't been any acceptances to NYU, just some interviews (as far as we know, it seems like that one was a fake). And since the interviews have been chats with POIs, if you've been talking to yours a lot it's entirely possible that an interview (aka chat with POI) would be redundant in your case.

So don't lose hope yet :)

That is good to hear...I was obsessively counting the NYU posts on the board and chewing my nails down to the cuticle...I have hope, since I did email chat with the POI before I applied and she said that our interests were a very good match, so here's hoping!!   :D

Where did you get an offer, SSCCattttttcat (your username is hard to spell)? Congrats! Let's hope we can all keep hearing only the best of news.

Haha that's what I get for using an acronym from the Simpsons although SCCCatttttcat is really cute so I like it. I got into Cornell with promised 4 years of funding! It has an amazing program for my geo area of interest and whatever happens now is just icing on the cake. But I have to be honest, a huge part of me really wants to go to the west coast but Berkeley is so hard to get into. I'm hoping for the best though, my LOR writers were very supportive of me.

Haha that's what I get for using an acronym from the Simpsons although SCCCatttttcat is really cute so I like it. I got into Cornell with promised 4 years of funding! It has an amazing program for my geo area of interest and whatever happens now is just icing on the cake. But I have to be honest, a huge part of me really wants to go to the west coast but Berkeley is so hard to get into. I'm hoping for the best though, my LOR writers were very supportive of me.

Oooch. I meant that to show up in the text. Owell.

I also got an interview today, at u Chicago comparative human development. Whoop whoop!

Congrats!  I got an interview there, too.  Are you going to go to Chicago for the thing on the 16th?  I really, really, really, really want to, but I have a prior commitment.  I asked if opting for a Skype interview would hurt my chances at all... and asked the lady to be candid since this department is one of my top 3 choices!  I sent some time options but I haven't heard back yet.  They're probably just coordinating schedules, but of course I'm ansty.   :P

What do you guys think?  Am I shooting myself in the foot or is a Skype interview ok?

Does anyone know how many people CHD interviews versus how many they accept?

Congrats!  I got an interview there, too.  Are you going to go to Chicago for the thing on the 16th?  I really, really, really, really want to, but I have a prior commitment.  I asked if opting for a Skype interview would hurt my chances at all... and asked the lady to be candid since this department is one of my top 3 choices!  I sent some time options but I haven't heard back yet.  They're probably just coordinating schedules, but of course I'm ansty.   :P

What do you guys think?  Am I shooting myself in the foot or is a Skype interview ok?

Does anyone know how many people CHD interviews versus how many they accept?

I will be attending the day, I'm in Chicago already so it's pretty easy for me to make it work. I would think that a Skype interview shouldn't harm your chances, although it might be harder just because you get less face to face time? 

I'm also antsy to get the schedule/more info!

What are you interests and who do you want to work with?

Woo congrats SSCCATAGAPP!! It looks like you're off to a very good admissions season! Just curious, since Cornell is one of my top picks, do you know if they have already sent out all acceptances/wait lists already?

Congrats again!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this whole site, probably happened upon it around winter break or so, but anyways, I'm the Feb 7th poster for Berkeley (anthro/archae).

Where else are people applying to/have heard back from?

So nice to meet others who are all in the same crazily anxious state of mind of anticipation.

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this whole site, probably happened upon it around winter break or so, but anyways, I'm the Feb 7th poster for Berkeley (anthro/archae).

So nice to meet others who are all in the same crazily anxious state of mind of anticipation.

hi! congrats on the admit! where did you apply? 

I'm waiting to hear from them re: medical anthropology with UCSF.... had kinda hoped it would be this past week, but I guess notttttt. 

Hey everyone!

Did you interview at UCSB?

hi! congrats on the admit! where did you apply? 

I'm waiting to hear from them re: medical anthropology with UCSF.... had kinda hoped it would be this past week, but I guess notttttt. 

It'll happen. This is all a lesson in patience for all of us  :wacko:

I submitted my first application in the middle of October, waited 3 months to get an interview, and now another few weeks until a final decision.  At this point I feel like we're all so close and yet so far away from hearing anything...the days are really starting to drag at this point :unsure:

I see someone got a waitlist notification from NYU...Which is making me refresh my email inbox 12,455 times in a row to see if I got one too...   ;) 

Time to close the email tab and do some homework and stop fretting about getting into a program, I think!  

I see someone got a waitlist notification from NYU...Which is making me refresh my email inbox 12,455 times in a row to see if I got one too...   ;) 

Time to close the email tab and do some homework and stop fretting about getting into a program, I think!  

Unless someone claims the NYU waitlist, I'm inclined to think it is a fake (like the earlier admit posted on the board). The department met for the first time last week and has another meeting on the 19th, probably to finalize the list in time to send invites for visit weekend in March. 

Unless someone claims the NYU waitlist, I'm inclined to think it is a fake (like the earlier admit posted on the board). The department met for the first time last week and has another meeting on the 19th, probably to finalize the list in time to send invites for visit weekend in March. 

You are awesome, thank you for this info!

Do you happen to know when visit weekend is?  I was planning to check out at least one school over spring break here, and it would be awesome if their visitors weekend coincided with my schedule.

Nope, I'm not accepted yet, but you will definitely be in the program with a buddy of mine from here at IU!  Congratulations though!  Maybe we will meet in the fall!  *crosses fingers*

oh cool! I'm sure you should hear back soon then 

You are awesome, thank you for this info!

Do you happen to know when visit weekend is?  I was planning to check out at least one school over spring break here, and it would be awesome if their visitors weekend coincided with my schedule.

I think it is the first weekend in March. The calendar is on the department site. Good luck!