Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Hey guys,

So here are the schools I applied to and my results so far.

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email February 18th, 2015)

2) Wright State University

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (I called and they told me if I haven't heard anything by now then that is a rejection, they already sent out all their offers)

5) University of Missouri - St. Louis (Made the short list)

6) Florida Institute of Technology 

7) Claremont Graduate University 

8) Roosevelt University 

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015)

10) Illinois Institute of Technology 

Masters Programs:

1) San Francisco State University

2) Cal State San Bernardino 

3) Missouri State University 

HAS ANYONE GONE TO THE INTERVIEW FOR LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY? IF YOU HAVE CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE TYPES OF QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED OR QUESTIONS IN GENERAL THAT ARE ASKED IN A GRADUATE SCHOOL INTERVIEW? PLEASE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYBODY'S POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE ATTITUDES ON THIS FORUM! 

Hey guys,

So here are the schools I applied to and my results so far.

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email February 18th, 2015)

2) Wright State University

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (I called and they told me if I haven't heard anything by now then that is a rejection, they already sent out all their offers)

5) University of Missouri - St. Louis (Made the short list)

6) Florida Institute of Technology

7) Claremont Graduate University

8) Roosevelt University

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015)

10) Illinois Institute of Technology

Masters Programs:

1) San Francisco State University

2) Cal State San Bernardino

3) Missouri State University

HAS ANYONE GONE TO THE INTERVIEW FOR LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY? IF YOU HAVE CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE TYPES OF QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED OR QUESTIONS IN GENERAL THAT ARE ASKED IN A GRADUATE SCHOOL INTERVIEW? PLEASE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYBODY'S POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE ATTITUDES ON THIS FORUM!

ecronu., I was invited to interview at LA Tech as well. I have contacted a doctoral student asking the same questions! I will let you know something when I do!

Also, did UMSL email you? How were you contacted?

Edited by SouthernBelle1018

ecronu., I was invited to interview at LA Tech as well. I have contacted a doctoral student asking the same questions! I will let you know something when I do!

Also, did UMSL email you? How were you contacted?

I know you weren't asking me, but I was contacted via email for UMSL to be told I was on the short list.

ecronu, my short list email mentioned an Open House/Visit Day, are you going to that?

SouthernBelle1018: 

Yes, I was also contacted by email for University of Missouri St. Louis, and thank you for your feed back.

Also, does anyone know the difference between a wait list and a short list? Or is that the same thing just different terminology?  

This whole waiting process is killing me! Out of the 8 schools I've applied to, only one has let me know the status of my application.

I was rejected from NCSU a few weeks ago, so at least you've made it past some rounds there :) Hope that's somewhat encouraging! I'm playing the waiting game, as well....

This whole waiting process is killing me! Out of the 8 schools I've applied to, only one has let me know the status of my application.

Yes, patience is key and don't stress yourself out. At this point there is nothing that can be done but wait. People have been known to get accepted off the wait list as late as April! Plus you don't have any rejections yet ... no need to be anxious. :) 

Also, I am not sure if I am going to that visit day for the University of Missouri, St. Louis. Are you going for sure?

I already got my ticket, I'm going for sure.

Hey Team,

I was accepted into UNCC’s Org Science Ph.D. program and will be accepting that offer.   I was also accepted into Oklahoma and waitlisted at SLU and UMSL.  If anyone else is accepting UNCC’s offer let me know!

Hey Team,

I was accepted into UNCC’s Org Science Ph.D. program and will be accepting that offer.   I was also accepted into Oklahoma and waitlisted at SLU and UMSL.  If anyone else is accepting UNCC’s offer let me know!

Congratulations! That is such a cool program!!

Hey Team,

As a UMSL shortlister, I appreciate your taking another offer :).

As a side note, are there any persons of color applying to UMSL? My terrible geography and interest in the news meant I had no idea how close UMSL was to Ferguson. I saw some reviews online claiming the school is racist. I am not particularly worried about it as I have rarely elicited racist reactions, in fact I have a few friends who were quite racist before meeting me. Even if there is racism it wouldn't affect my decision to attend, in fact it might make me more likely to pick it. I simply wonder if that factors into anyone else's decision.

Edited by setite

Is anyone attending SIOP this year? Regardless of decisions??

I was rejected by George Mason.

Still waiting on:

UGA

Clemson

Portland State

USC-Columbia Business

Last year's results from Clemson have 2 or 3 positive communications in late January/early February but then nothing else until late March, and they're all rejections! Definitely interested in what is going on over there as well

Yea I'm expected this thread to blow up in March. One thing I'm wondering, can paid members of LinkedIn view profiles without being logged? I'm surprised that I haven't gotten any LinkedIn reviews through this process. Has anyone caught a member of a program checking their LinkedIn?

Yea I'm expected this thread to blow up in March. One thing I'm wondering, can paid members of LinkedIn view profiles without being logged? I'm surprised that I haven't gotten any LinkedIn reviews through this process. Has anyone caught a member of a program checking their LinkedIn?

I actually had a professor from an I/O program at a nearby school add me as a connection, as well as one of his students, but neither of them said anything to me. It was interesting...

I actually had a professor from an I/O program at a nearby school add me as a connection, as well as one of his students, but neither of them said anything to me. It was interesting...

That's because you're Mr. Awesome February Two Acceptances. A connection is great! I honestly expected to see some views on my LinkedIn throughout this process. It's not a traditional measure but it seems that it would be useful to look at, but I guess anythign that is not ubiquitous and required could make the process unfair. I put a lot of work into my profile so it'd be nice to be looked at :)

I received a few linkedIn views prior to receiving interviews. Some are actually hidden, and only say the institution they are affiliated with.

Has anyone else from Wright State heard anything post-interview? I saw something on the results page about someone being invited to a visit day at the end of this month, but they had been accepted. Was anyone else invited to that?

Has anyone else from Wright State heard anything post-interview? I saw something on the results page about someone being invited to a visit day at the end of this month, but they had been accepted. Was anyone else invited to that?

I also interviewed for Wright and have not heard back post-interview.

Last year, schools either sent me a rejection email or some sort of status notification. I feel like schools are teasing with me this year. Just received an email from UGA to apply for graduate housing, without having received an acceptance letter. Also received an email from UAlbany to check out various websites while I wait for their decisions. Didn't get any emails like this last year, these schools sure do enjoy torturing their applicants haha.