2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Nope, but I'm waiting on them too! I haven't seen anything from them in the results, so I'd assume they're just behind this year.

I'm waiting on this too.

I sent the program coordinator an email but haven't heard from her yet.

At least I'm not the only one then! ashmatack, if you could let us know when you hear from the coordinator I'm sure we would all appreciate it very much!

MIT Biology rejection, too. Also got my official rejection from Berkeley MCB a few days ago.

But had a great skype interview for Columbia CMBS on Monday and will now be visiting Columbia University Medical Center on Feb 6 - 8 :)

MIT Biology rejection, too. Also got my official rejection from Berkeley MCB a few days ago.

But had a great skype interview for Columbia CMBS on Monday and will now be visiting Columbia University Medical Center on Feb 6 - 8 :)

We overlap for our Weill Cornell and Columbia interviews! These are my top choices at this point, I'm pumped!

We overlap for our Weill Cornell and Columbia interviews! These are my top choices at this point, I'm pumped!

Same here! I just have to get an admission offer by at least one of those two programs :D But I really like UPenn CAMB, too. However, my girlfriend has 4 interviews in NYC as well (NYU, Columbia, Weill Cornell, Rockefeller) and so this seems to be the best option for us to live in the same city and both get into a great program :)

I am so much looking forward to the time in NYC. Will be my first visit to the U.S.! :) Good luck to you, maybe we'll meet up!

Congrats! may I ask what you're concentration is? just curious! you're getting awesome invites! I'm sending good vibes your way ~~~

Thank you! I have a very broad interest in eukaryotic gene expression regulation. All of the labs I mentioned in my statements were either Chromatin Biology or RNA labs (except for MIT BCS where I mentioned people that study activity dependent gene expression). I think I picked Genetics/Genomics as my concentration/ home areas for all the programs I applied to.

I'm curious:

Anybody interviewing at EMBL Heidelberg at the end of Feb?

I have 3 other interviews:

1. Brown 22-24 Jan

2. TPCB (Cornell, Sloan Kettering, Rockefeller) 25-27 Jan

3. UT- Houston 4-7 Feb

Anyone on the forum I'm likely to meet? :)

Have all the UNC-BBSP interview invites been sent out?

Also, what about the Duke CMB invites?

UNC-BBSP interview invites should be close to done going out-- someone mentioned being put on an "interview waitlist" on the results section for BBSP today.

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has heard from Duke CMB as a few invites went out early in Dec and nothing since. Last year the rest of the invites for this program went out this week. Does anyone have any other info on this?

I'm so sad I didn't get the invite for Harvard Chemical biology :( I guess I'll just have to focus on my remaining 3 interviews now..

Does anyone have any tips for interviewing at any of these 3 schools: Penn, Weill Cornell and Jefferson and also does anyone know the percentage of people who interview that are accepted?

Has anyone applied to and have heard from Caltech Biochemistry&Biophysics?

I believe interviews went out before Christmas. The only way to get a definitive decision is to email the program.

UNC-BBSP interview invites should be close to done going out-- someone mentioned being put on an "interview waitlist" on the results section for BBSP today.

My application status hasn't changed. On an app at another program that also uses "applyyourself.com," there's a line that says "your application is under program review" but there's no such indicator at UNC. Could someone who has an interview check their app and see if there's something like that? I submitted on the last possible day and had problems paying the fee so it wasn't officially completed until a few days after so I assume I'll be one of the last one's looked at.

Talked to some of the admissions people at UT GSBS:

Last admissions committee meeting is the 22nd, they will send out last round of invites then.

They plan to interview 120 people over 3 weekends, aiming for an incoming class of 45-50. I'd estimate they'd be accepting ~2/3 of people post-interview.

Good luck everyone!

My application status hasn't changed. On an app at another program that also uses "applyyourself.com," there's a line that says "your application is under program review" but there's no such indicator at UNC. Could someone who has an interview check their app and see if there's something like that? I submitted on the last possible day and had problems paying the fee so it wasn't officially completed until a few days after so I assume I'll be one of the last one's looked at.

My status didn't change after I got the invite. It just says "APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED", when it was submitted, and when my application was completed. You can send an inquiry to Jeff Steinbach about the status of your application. He has been more than helpful.

I have no indicator that my app is under program review - I just checked and noticed that the file was officially marked as "complete" on a certain date. I did receive an interview invitation way back in December, so I think your best bet is to call/email the admissions office - the staff are very good about responding promptly to your inquiries, from my experience.

Edited by blinchik