MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Thought my missed call from NY was something about graduate school. It was just my chinese food delivery from last night... I think this is all getting to me haha

Edited by jl10

Non-Pro question

How big of a deal is to miss a recommendation letter in your Application?

I am wondering the same thing FAR. Were you able to resolve this? I am missing a letter on two of my applications. I hope it is forthcoming but I'd rather not risk it so I tried to go back into my applications to add another name but it wouldn't allow it. I think I might email the schools and see if I can send in hard copies.

Has anybody else dealt with this?

Edited by Moonjuggler

Hey this thread has been so freakin' helpful the past couple month, just thought I'd post and say thank you to everyone!!!!!  There is some real kickass work posted on this thread as well.

Hope everything works out for people these upcoming months.  :lol: 

ashtonbird.com

Edited by buyyourbison

I am wondering the same thing FAR. Were you able to resolve this? I am missing a letter on two of my applications. I hope it is forthcoming but I'd rather not risk it so I tried to go back into my applications to add another name but it wouldn't allow it. I think I might email the schools and see if I can send in hard copies.

Has anybody else dealt with this?

I just went ahead and asked to another recommender that was going to be faster.

Regardless I asked the schools and they were very flexible with a late recom letter .... So dont worry much

I know this happened past year. Someone posted the estimated Dates when Schools notify applicants ...

For what I've heard from the past is:

Yale - First Week February

Bard - Second Week February

UCLA - March

USC - April

Might be someone could add more data? 

Edited by FAR

I just went ahead and asked to another recommender that was going to be faster.

Regardless I asked the schools and they were very flexible with a late recom letter .... So dont worry much

Second this. This wasn't my case, but I have heard the same in the past. They're flexible with transcripts and letters of rec. Things you ultimately do not have control over when they're sent.

I know this happened past year. Someone posted the estimated Dates when Schools notify applicants ...

UCLA - March

USC - April

Columbia - March

Hunter - March/April

VCU - March/April

UCLA - March

USC - April

I have just received a call from UCSB faculty notifying me that I was admitted.

You can search for grad school admissions notification from the past years. Go to Search Result at the top of the page. In the past year Yale MFA program usually responses back Feb 1st, with rejections and Interview notifications. 

Good luck everyone!

UCLA - March

USC - April

Anyone have any notifications from the University of Oregon?  The recent forums..only one person has applied, and there's not much help within the notes.

I applied there, no word yet will post in results anything I hear, hope you do the same.

Good luck to both of us.