MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Do schools get back to applicants roughly around the same date they did in, for example, the year before? 
So if they responded on Feb. 7th last year, you can expect them to get back to you around tomorrow (it's a Saturday, though...). :wacko:

Sorry, I'm just a bundle of nerves...... :unsure:  

Edited by Pulsar

I got this from PennDesign: Notification letters will be available on-line after 12:00 PM (noon) Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, March 13th. 

Leads me to believe they don't conduct interviews? Couldn't find info on interview on their website. 

I just received a call from PennDesign, finalist will be emailed Monday to discuss possible interview times.  The lady had requested you respond asap after receiving the email.  

best of luck to everyone! eee! :) 

Anyone know anything about the NYU Steinhardt Process? I know the submission deadline was the other day, but I wasn't sure about the timeline of things.

they are reviewing now. you'll hear if you get an interview by e-mail towards the end of february I think.

@Pulsar From what I have seens, schools tend to follow the same timeline in their admissions process, with some slight variations.  I often check the "Search Results" bar to compare the dates and see what the through line is.

Often, you see rejections from people who had interviews, so their dates are a little later.

P.S. I contacted VCU and they said that the incomplete status is due to a glitch in the system and that I am fine.  I asked for a timeline on info regarding interviews, but i doubt she will be able to get back to me before next week, being that its after 5pm on a Friday :(

I will pass on any information she gives me

MassArt does. I logged in to my app today and the status changed from 'application under review' to 'interview.

Mine says Interview too! (: I wonder when/how we will hear the details?

The irony that FAFSA costs $80 to submit...da fuq.

... how? Mine didn't cost me anything...

Isn't it the Free Application for Federal Student Aid?

Edited by d e o

The irony that FAFSA costs $80 to submit...da fuq.

... how? Mine didn't cost me anything...

Isn't it the Free Application for Federal Student Aid?

There are some really mean sites that will file the report for you...for a fee. Which is ridiculous, and scammish, and not at all necessary. 

There are some really mean sites that will file the report for you...for a fee. Which is ridiculous, and scammish, and not at all necessary. 

That's terrifying, because you're giving them literally everything anyone needs to know, like your SSN. That's sketchy.

That's terrifying, because you're giving them literally everything anyone needs to know, like your SSN. That's sketchy.

It seems like some sites are more like go-betweens than identity thieves; they basically charge a fee to be a middleman. So it's definitely a good idea to check with your bank / look into the site in more detail, but probably no need to super panic.

Which leaves more positive panicking energy for freaking out about grad school. 

We're good. Wow.

They refunded me. Keep an eye out for emails from FAFSA-application.com. I was on my phone when I saw it and didn't even think.

My dad was one of the people who put the original FAFSA form together (he admits it's confusing as hell and apparently was just as much so to put it together)...so I'm going to chalk that one up to karma.

PHEW.

In case it's not obvious, parents are not helping me through this process haha

Edited by thepictureisstill

Hi all,

I've gotten interviews with SFAI and PNCA. I have not recieved an invite from UOregon though- hoping it's a result of a tardy LoR.

Has anyone heard from UCONN or Carnegie Mellon? Anyone with insight on their interview process and dates?

Good luck!

Hi all,

I've gotten interviews with SFAI and PNCA. I have not recieved an invite from UOregon though- hoping it's a result of a tardy LoR.

Has anyone heard from UCONN or Carnegie Mellon? Anyone with insight on their interview process and dates?

Good luck!

I went to PNCA for 1 year of undergrad then transferred.  Not a bad school, nice people!