MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Is anyone taking a break from making new work while they wait?

Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances and notifications for interviews. For those of us who have received rejections and are waiting for some good news,

have you taken a break from working?

In light of the rejections,

are you thinking about retooling your work, or drastically taking a new approach once the do get back to art making?

This was my second round so I strategically planned a trip overseas. It has been a huge help to focus on planning this adventure. I'm doing a performance piece while traveling since one of my travel buddies is an exceptional photographer. Spending time in my studio has become a habit so I've been "making" small works without the pressure of creating with some intense conceptual basis. I also lined up a handful of shows before we move to whatever university. I agree with BICEO...always retool. Progress in thinking and making. This entire process sheds great light on what you're doing, what you want to do and the resources you need to make such work. I've been checking this forum too much but in the same respect....if interviews go out for a school I applied to, I want to know. I can buffer for the rejection and evaluate my other options. I feel like schools will sometimes drag you through this process.

Marchy, Congrats! I was also accepted to the low-res program at SAIC. What is the Dean's Scholarship?

Hey Herdsman, Thanks for the congrats and congratulations back to you! Looks like our prefs were similar this year :). Yes- a Dean's Scholarship from SAIC Lo-Res. Was hoping it was per year, but a total sum, which is something. You too? I am wondering how long we have to accept or decline the offer, until we've heard from all the schools. Bard Sculpture's interview isn't until March 8…. :-o

Anyone hear from RISD or Columbia yet?

Hey NicolasR1031, I've heard Columbia doesn't notify til around last week of Feb/ first week of March. Fingers crossed. Acceptance dust to us! 

Anyone who applied to SVA they had resume problems, even if you uploaded one. Check your emails...again

Anyone heard from Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts?

I recently checked my application and three new categories were added:

Decision Letter Sent

Candidate Reply Form

New Student Information Form

Fingers crossed that they send something out soon.

Just got a call and had a 15 min interview with UC Berkeley. Went well I think... It's really jarring to just get a call out of the blue and have an interview.

Congrats!! That sounds horrifying..what did they ask?

Just got a call and had a 15 min interview with UC Berkeley. Went well I think... It's really jarring to just get a call out of the blue and have an interview.

did they tell you that you would have an interview or did they just call you and say "P.S: interview starts NOW!"

good luck! fingers crossed

Edited by arose2

Anyone who applied to SVA they had resume problems, even if you uploaded one. Check your emails...again

I recently checked my application and three new categories were added:

Decision Letter Sent

Candidate Reply Form

New Student Information Form

Fingers crossed that they send something out soon.

I saw that too! The top part confused me though because it said "Application Status: Accept"

I probably shouldn't read into what that means too much but does that mean i was accepted or does that just mean they received my application? Does it say that on yours too?

I saw that too! The top part confused me though because it said "Application Status: Accept"

I probably shouldn't read into what that means too much but does that mean i was accepted or does that just mean they received my application? Does it say that on yours too?

No mine is still blank! If that means anything, then Congrats!

Congrats!! That sounds horrifying..what did they ask?

did they tell you that you would have an interview or did they just call you and say "P.S: interview starts NOW!"

good luck! fingers crossed

Yeah it was kinda horrifying. I was at work, so I asked him if he could call back in 45 mins, so I could prepare myself. He did and it was fine. But yes, he basically called me at 9:15am and was like "Hey, lets do this!"

He just asked why UC Berkeley, what are you working on now, do you have any questions for me, etc. 

The conversation was geared more towards getting to know me and my interests rather than discussing the portfolio or philosophical underpinnings of my practice. 

Because it was only 15 mins, its hard to figure out how well it went...

Received an interview request (by phone call) from SAIC sculpture today. Scheduling for Feb 28th, which is the same day SMFA interviews will be - though as far as I know they haven't sent out interview requests yet.  Or has anyone heard from them..?

+ Anyone know if SVA or Columbia ask for in person interviews?

Received an interview request (by phone call) from SAIC sculpture today. Scheduling for Feb 28th, which is the same day SMFA interviews will be - though as far as I know they haven't sent out interview requests yet.  Or has anyone heard from them..?

+ Anyone know if SVA or Columbia ask for in person interviews?

SMFA sent out an email last week that they were behind with reviewing because of the 37.5 ft of snow that mother nature so graciously dumped on beantown.

Anyone hear from RISD or Columbia yet?

I've just heard from RISD inviting me for the interview, they are still processing the applications and said that they will be sending the invitations on the week of Feb 23.

I asked them to give me a tour since I'll be in that area for other interviews but they invited me to an early one to accommodate my trip schedule.

Are you guys looking at ApplyWeb or SVA's portal?

Should I assume that UOregon is a lost cause at this point? Has anyone else who declared digital arts and/or printmaking had their interviews? Their website makes it sound as if unless you are contacted for a phone interview you're out, but maybe I am misinterpreting that:

Mid-January to
Mid-February Phone interviews with finalists. The department will initiate contact with finalists only. Please do not contact the department to request an interview.

Are you guys looking at ApplyWeb or SVA's portal?

We were talking about PAFA.

However, I haven't seen any change on SVA for my application and that is through their portal. This is the same message that's been on there : "Your application is under review. Applicants who have completed the application process by January 15th will receive an admission decision by April 1st. Accepted students will also be notified by email."