MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I applied in printmaking at UTK and UGA, but have yet to hear back from either.....Heading up to Knoxville for SGCI regardless.  I was on the fence about applying to Tulane, did you visit?

I didn't visit, I ended up finally deciding to apply because I really wanted to work with Teresa Cole 

I applied in printmaking at UTK and UGA, but have yet to hear back from either.....Heading up to Knoxville for SGCI regardless.  I was on the fence about applying to Tulane, did you visit?

My friend was accepted to both UTK and UGA recently for MFA in printmaking. She had a skype interview with UGA last week, I think, and one with UTK a few weeks ago. They told her during the UGA interview that she was accepted, and she received her UTK acceptance letter earlier this week. Apparently UTK accepted 3 students and UGA accepted 4.

Just received an offer for a full ride and stipend, but they're only giving me two weeks to accept or decline.

I haven't heard back from 6/10 schools I applied for and don't expect to hear back from them at all till the last week of February/ first week of March (based upon what they've told me). By the way, the last week of February is two weeks from now! I might only begin to SCHEDULE interviewing with some of my other schools by then (knock on wood).

Accept the school and I'm giving up the possibility of what the other schools may offer, decline and I may screw myself over and give up an amazing opportunity.

Don't they have to give you until April 15th to decide.  A few pages back there was some discussion about that...

Someone posted today that they were invited to interview with UCLA New Genres on the 10th....guess I'm outta that game :(

Where did you see this? Has anyone heard from UCLA about Painting? Google analytics says that someone there (at least someone on the network) looked at my site a few days ago and that they were a returning visitor.  Haven't heard anything tho.  Geez this is so agonizing.  Also haven't stopped checking google analytics since I noticed the network thing. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Where did you see this? Has anyone heard from UCLA about Painting? Google analytics says that someone there (at least someone on the network) looked at my site a few days ago and that they were a returning visitor.  Haven't heard anything tho.  Geez this is so agonizing.  Also haven't stopped checking google analytics since I noticed the network thing. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I looked up on the search results (of this site) and typed in UCLA New Genres and it came up....

whats their network?  Im trying to find it on minee

Someone posted today that they were invited to interview with UCLA New Genres on the 10th....guess I'm outta that game :(

This literally had to of just been added.  I checked the results maybe 2 hours ago and there wasnt anything since 2014. 

whats their network?  Im trying to find it on minee

It literally said University of California Los Angeles. I like almost shit my pants when I saw it.  But it also said that it was a returning visitor and the UCLA edu network was only listed for 1 session in the last month so maybe it's the only time the person was at the school when they looked?  The only other network I can find that I think is in the LA area is Time Warner Cable.  Also, I'm pretty new at GA so I'm still trying to figure out what all of the information means. There's also the possibility that it's a total coincidence because I was going to apply to Michigan and decided not to and have since been getting hits in Ann Arbor which I would have been certain were UMich had I gone through with applying. Who knows I just want this all to be over.

Hey tdevo412 did you get you letter from pafa today? The anticipation is killing me

Haha, funny story... I accidentally put my mothers address as my mailing address, but she hasn't gotten anything yet. I've also been banned from texting her in regards to anything dealing with the topic of grad school.

It literally said University of California Los Angeles. I like almost shit my pants when I saw it.  But it also said that it was a returning visitor and the UCLA edu network was only listed for 1 session in the last month so maybe it's the only time the person was at the school when they looked?  The only other network I can find that I think is in the LA area is Time Warner Cable.  Also, I'm pretty new at GA so I'm still trying to figure out what all of the information means. There's also the possibility that it's a total coincidence because I was going to apply to Michigan and decided not to and have since been getting hits in Ann Arbor which I would have been certain were UMich had I gone through with applying. Who knows I just want this all to be over.

ohhh haha okay makes sense. Same here, ready for this to be over and to move on to school or something else. ha

Weird...if you have posted your site anywhere on here, it could be undergrads checking you out? Just a thought.

It literally said University of California Los Angeles. I like almost shit my pants when I saw it. But it also said that it was a returning visitor and the UCLA edu network was only listed for 1 session in the last month so maybe it's the only time the person was at the school when they looked? The only other network I can find that I think is in the LA area is Time Warner Cable. Also, I'm pretty new at GA so I'm still trying to figure out what all of the information means. There's also the possibility that it's a total coincidence because I was going to apply to Michigan and decided not to and have since been getting hits in Ann Arbor which I would have been certain were UMich had I gone through with applying. Who knows I just want this all to be over.

Weird...if you have posted your site anywhere on here, it could be undergrads checking you out? Just a thought.

Nah haven't posted on here.  I do know a couple of people in LA tho so it's possible that they told an undergrad about me idk bleh. Also, the user got to my site through a google search - wasn't linked there from social media of any kind.

hey its a possibility that result that was put into the database isn't true. haha not saying this IS the case, but hey whoever put that in the database.  SHOW YOURSELF

Edited by BlCEO

herdsman sorry to hear that. Which discipline you applied to at Bard?

Rejection email sent from Bard today... Anyone hear from Tyler/Temple Fibers?

The Columbia need assessment form is stressing me out a little bit. It's so detailed and confusing, to at least me, anyway. I'm curresntly entirely dependent on parents and I have no spouse, so I'm having a hard time filling it out, since it asks what I spent money on, when technically I didn't spend money on anything.

(also super self conscious about this post, since I'm showing how terribly young I am...)

Yep. I'm in the same boat. So are we supposed to write 0 for everything we "spent" or...?

Vcu never received my transcripts (that I sent in November) and apparently I am missing a letter of recommendation (my recommender told me he submitted it well before the deadline). Ugg. Feeling very bummed.

Derpderpderp, did VCU contact you to let you know you were missing documents? If so, when did they contact you? 

hey its a possibility that result that was put into the database isn't true. haha not saying this IS the case, but hey whoever put that in the database.  SHOW YOURSELF

i'm so hoping that's the case! UCLA is my top choice and I've gotten interviews to the other two programs I've applied to so far. 

it's always the one you love who gets away.....  :(

i'm so hoping that's the case! UCLA is my top choice and I've gotten interviews to the other two programs I've applied to so far. 

it's always the one you love who gets away.....  :(

me too haha.  to not even get an interview would really be playing games with my new genres heart.