MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I applied to fine arts too.  But I arranged from a couple weeks back to visit the school next week, and then tonight they contacted me to let me know that I've been selected for an interview, and offered to let me schedule it at the same time as my visit.  So it's possible that they haven't reached out to everyone - ie. my email might be early because of these circumstances.  So definitely don't count yourself out yet!

That's good to hear. Enjoy your visit! Is it with JP? If so, he is wonderful! The studios are amazing. And the atmosphere is fantastic. Seriously an amazing school. Enjoy it and good luck with your interview. 

Edited by tdevo412

That's good to hear. Enjoy your visit! Is it with JP? If so, he is wonderful! The studios are amazing. And the atmosphere is fantastic. Seriously an amazing school. Enjoy it and good luck with your interview. 

Thanks!  Not sure who the visit is with, but definitely looking forward to it.  And great to hear good things about the studios.

Best of luck to you too!

Also, my interview was very similar to yours, Vinny51

Such good vibes at SFAI. Congrats on being admitted! Maybe we'll work together one day. 

I dont have any info on merit scholarships, but I did ask the graduate advisor about funding, and she just pointed me towards external organizations that could help out, as well as FAFSA. So Im guessing that means im not getting any sort of funding or scholarships from them haha

Edited by Vinny51

If you look at last years forum there seems to be some truth in it- did your status change tunamindmelt?

i dont know what it started as?? 

it currently says MFA. does that mean my file has been opened and if I lose the mfa my file has been closed?

i dont know what it started as??

it currently says MFA. does that mean my file has been opened and if I lose the mfa my file has been closed?

If the theory is correct then yes. What department did u apply for if you don't mind me asking

If the theory is correct then yes. What department did u apply for if you don't mind me asking

painting and sculpture. painting says mfa sculpture doesnt. so does that mean im a no for sculpture, or might they have not even looked at it yet? I havent checked regularly so i dont know if the mfa was there at all ever

painting and sculpture. painting says mfa sculpture doesnt. so does that mean im a no for sculpture, or might they have not even looked at it yet? I havent checked regularly so i dont know if the mfa was there at all ever

I applied in sculpture and there hasn't been MFA for a while-so I don't think they looked yet. Though someone did say they were starting to review this week

Awesome, thank you so much! I am already starting the application. I emailed my reccomenders to see if they wouldn't mind do one more recommendation in a short time period.

I considered going to SGCI. I know I can pay the late registration and go, which I might do since it's during Spring Break. Driving to and from Missouri took a lot of energy by myself, but Knoxville is a lot closer. Sadly, our  printmaking professor retired and the current printlab is basically closed..so I haven't been able to persuade others to go from my University... if I can get another individual to go, I'll definitely pay the late fee and go! In short, I might be going... sorr for the long ramble.

I'm really excited for it. Let me know if you'll be there and perhaps we can meet up.  I can also introduce you to Taryn McMahon. I am willing to bet the faculty from OU and ISU will be there too, since they were at MAPC, though MAPC was slightly closer.  

Yeah, I will definitely let you know. I met Sarah and Morgan when I toured ISU, they were pretty awesome. During our tour of the litho space, we got derailed from print/grad talk to talking about Doctor Who... I'll see what my finances looks like in a couple of weeks and let you know, and also to see if my department would be interested in supporting me in my travels/fees somehow.  

I heard from all my recommenders, and they gave me the greenlight so I've finished my application to Kent State. Now I'm just waiting to find out what my application/banner # is and I will be uploading my portfolio, hopefully by the end of the week!  

haven't heard from CCA MFA Design... have you yet? 

I emailed and Heidi @ grad admissions - she said they only interview a handful and not all that continue in the admissions process will be interviewed. basically you can be accepted even if you don't have an interview. if you are contacted for an interview it should be sometime next week or so, she said... 

nothing yet, but i'll keep you posted! where else have you applied!

and thanks for the update on CCA. i'm so confused by their admissions process, i can't tell if i should terrified or relieved...

Yeah, I will definitely let you know. I met Sarah and Morgan when I toured ISU, they were pretty awesome. During our tour of the litho space, we got derailed from print/grad talk to talking about Doctor Who... I'll see what my finances looks like in a couple of weeks and let you know, and also to see if my department would be interested in supporting me in my travels/fees somehow.  

I heard from all my recommenders, and they gave me the greenlight so I've finished my application to Kent State. Now I'm just waiting to find out what my application/banner # is and I will be uploading my portfolio, hopefully by the end of the week!