MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Just wondering but has anyone received a rejection letter from sweet sweet Columbia yet? I know a lot of interviews have taken place.

I just want to hear somethingggg from Columbia. They're deadly silent.

lgrcwest I see that you were accepted to NYAA. Congrats! I also applied there, how did you hear and when we're you notified?

They sent me an email on Friday saying they were in the stages of admissions and that I was accepted. Also said funding would be awarded some time later this week.

From the looks of past search results, they usually notify people around the first week of march leading up to march 10th. I hope they send you an email soon!!!!!

Just wondering but has anyone received a rejection letter from sweet sweet Columbia yet? I know a lot of interviews have taken place.

Have you heard anyone got interview in printmaking? I mean sweet sweet from Columbia .thanks

Anyone attending the UPenn event at the end of the month?

I'm going to try...it will depend on how expensive flights are after we hear back on March 13.

Hey guys, does anyone know when MICA and Rutgers send their decisions?

I was told that MICA would have their decisions around mid-march (at least for Hoffberger, not sure about other programs.)

Newcomer here! I applied to PSU & had a phone interview but haven't heard back yet! Getting nervous!

Did you end up hearing anything back? I know folks who have been accepted have until march 20th to accept the offer, so if you're waitlisted the wait might not be toooo long? I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse. I'm not 100% certain that I will accept, but it is pretty likely. 

when Ian called me last week with the offer, he said he was calling all of the admitted applicants that day. you might be/are probably on a waitlist if you interviewed. there were only 7 spots to fill (5 left after me and kate_ho) but you never know who might decide not to accept! personally i think i will end up there!

Hey onbeingblue - is it appropriate for me to ask about your offer from PSU? I received a graduate assistantship for 3 terms (1 in the first year, 2 in the second) and am not really sure what that will translate to financially. I'm starting to get the debt anxiety big time and am just curious if you're in the same boat. ?

So whats the deal with Carnegie Mellon. It sounds like some people, including myself, have not heard anything, even though a few people received rejections, as well as interview requests. Any other news, or thoughts on what to make of it? I checked my slideroom and it doesn't say "sort" next to it. Did they just forget about us?

Have you heard anyone got interview in printmaking? I mean sweet sweet from Columbia .thanks

found a friend at the SAIC interview who seemingly heard from Columbia printmaking already. kinda bummed me out cus I didnt hear a peep yet. She asked me 'when's your interview ?!" -____-

So whats the deal with Carnegie Mellon. It sounds like some people, including myself, have not heard anything, even though a few people received rejections, as well as interview requests. Any other news, or thoughts on what to make of it? I checked my slideroom and it doesn't say "sort" next to it. Did they just forget about us?

There's not much data on the results search part, but I get the impression they send some email rejections first in february then most people get their rejections by mid March. I saw there was an acceptance last year on March 10th, so my guess is that interviews must have taken place before the 5th. I believe we should assume rejection by now if we didn't get an invitation last week.

Right!? I couldn't take it anymore, so I called today (yep, I'm a caller.) I told the woman I spoke with (possibly Keni Jefferson) that I understood some people have received emails or calls. She said I should have also. She took my name and whatever she saw, made her say that I should be getting a call from someone. I asked did she mean a non-rejection-type call, and she said yes. At first I was ecstatic and then after the call it still left me baffled and uncertain as to why no one has called yet. What are the odds of all of us who haven't heard anything getting interviews, you know? That would be awesome, but, of course I'm thinking the worst- that she was just seeing something by mistake, there was some glitch, that maybe they were considering me and changed their minds, or maybe they're still narrowing things down. I called this morning and still crickets all day. I'm on the edge of my seat over here.

CMU hopefuls, I don't believe it will hurt to call and check on your status. If there is a glitch they'd probably want to know. Very best of luck guys.  B)

Hey onbeingblue - is it appropriate for me to ask about your offer from PSU? I received a graduate assistantship for 3 terms (1 in the first year, 2 in the second) and am not really sure what that will translate to financially. I'm starting to get the debt anxiety big time and am just curious if you're in the same boat. ?

I just emailed Ian to ask for more info about the g.a. stipend/remission and how those funds are distributed. I believe that the 3 g.a. term offering is typical, mine is the same. I just inquired about how many FTE hours that translates to which will give a better idea of income. I was also offered a non-resident scholarship for the terms that I won't be teaching. The funding isn't great but honestly, I was expecting less after my interview (when I asked about funding he essentially told me about the g.a. stipend and remission, but didn't mention this additional scholarship so I'm not sure how many of those they offer up). 

Considering my other offer was a full tuition remission I'm definitely feeling that same anxiety! but I definitely want to go to the right school for me instead of choosing based solely on funding. Did you get in to any other schools (yet)?

painting and printmaking is the same review panel

My Slideroom says 'Fall 2015 CMU MFA Program'. Is that what yours says too?

Same here! Thanks for sharing info about your call. I might just send them an email right now and expect something tomorrow.

Same here! Thanks for sharing info about your call. I might just send them an email right now and expect something tomorrow.

speaking of the devil! when I opened my inbox I saw an email from them requesting a phone interview!

hopefully you should be getting one soon.