MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Thanks for all the happy words peeps. I've declined at UW, Burren and Oregon thus far- hopefully to someone on this forum's benefit. Withdrew my SMFA app and I'll withdraw the rest this week...I am so looking forward to checking "accept" and signing my funding letter tomorrow; this strenuous process is over.

I also want to repeat what Czarina stated...hold out for the package that's best for you and often times it takes a couple rounds of the application game. Money is a factor for most and not at all for some. There are many fully funded opportunities out there and not carrying debt after grad school will give you that much more freedom to do your work.

Congrats Valoia!! If I may ask, did you receive acceptance via postal mail or email? 

Thanks! I received the notification via postal mail.

Accepted at Otis College of Art and Design (painting) by E-mail on Feb. 26. $12k scholarship. I will graduate from Otis undergrad in May, so that may have helped. Still waiting on USC. Had studio visit with Charlie White yesterday and he remembered my work from my application. I have no idea if that is a good thing or not.

Milkyways, looks like you heard from USC? Has anyone else?

I am still waiting to hear from USC.  I received something from financial aid today but the email says "PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS: This notice is not an indication of an admission decision. Financial aid information is gathered and reviewed for all financial aid applicants, regardless of admission status." 

I know some ppl already heard from columbia. However, I still not... is it mean I got rejected? and I havent heard from NYU and SVA yet.. anyone? 

i have an interview with NYU on Monday (3/9) and I had an interview with SVA last Wednesday. The application status said they sent emails/mail out as of Monday.

I've been checking my email constantly since SVA changed the status of the application process. Anyone hear anything yet?

Hey, i accidently hit the red bottom, sry abt that LOL. im applying to SVA also, but i havent heard from them at all ;(

Same here!! Just got the email. Whew!!

Haven't gotten anything yet  :(  :(  :(  :(

Milkyways, looks like you heard from USC? Has anyone else?

I haven't received any sort of communication from them directly, but I assumed rejection since last week (I believe Friday) someone in this forum said he had been contacted for an interview with them.

Accepted at Otis College of Art and Design (painting) by E-mail on Feb. 26. $12k scholarship. I will graduate from Otis undergrad in May, so that may have helped. Still waiting on USC. Had studio visit with Charlie White yesterday and he remembered my work from my application. I have no idea if that is a good thing or not.

Hey WillBengston, I also got into Otis with a decent scholarship. I'm across the country and have not been able to visit the school. Since you're there already I was curious if you had any insight into the grad program. My main draw was some of the faculty and the studios location in Culver City. How does the program stack up to other Los Angeles ones in your opinion? Any bit of information is helpful in making these difficult decisions.

Haven't gotten anything yet  :(  :(  :(  :(

I haven't received any sort of communication from them directly, but I assumed rejection since last week (I believe Friday) someone in this forum said he had been contacted for an interview with them.

If you have not yet received a notice of rejection, you're probably a finalist & they should be contacting you soon. Don't worry!