MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Awesome!! Congrats!! I also got the call today! I was also accepted into UCLA Design Media Arts yesterday, another one of my top choices!! Not the stress is finally over for me. Hope this will soon be for everyone else...

Congrats on the CMU acceptances! Can't say I'm not a little bummed out, no call :( . Sounds like a truly amazing program.

Hi, I was accepted to MICA and received the merit scholarship but I want to wait to hear back from VCU before I accept. Does anyone know if VCU has already started contacting people?

The schools I applied to are:

Rutgers - Nope

MICA - Accepted

UO - Waiting list

VCU - haven't heard back

Sculpture told me we should hear this week... I'm assuming rejection as people have already heard

Scratch that--- just got a call from John Carson offering ACCEPTANCE TO CARNEGIE MELLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Bday present EVER. Cannot believe it.

CONGRATS!!!! and Happy Bday!!! Best day ever!

Anybody have thoughts on CCA? I haven't visited yet, but I'm weighing a pretty strong funding offer from them with lower funding offers (but wayyyy less expensive cities - so living expenses in the Bay are a big concern). I dig the program from what I see so far and am interested in their dual-degree with Visual + Critical Studies.

My options at this point are CCA Fine Arts, UPenn (low funding offer), RISD Photo (low funding), CalArts Photo (funding TBD), and MICA Photo (funding TBD). 

Anyone have perspectives on these programs? UPenn was (is?) my top choice but their funding offer is way too low to make it feasible...

Anyone heard from Columbia print after interviewing/know when we should expect a decision?

A friend of mine got accepted to the print program last week. All final decisions are going out by the end of the month. ehhhhhh Columbia has me so frustrated right now. 

A friend of mine got accepted to the print program last week. All final decisions are going out by the end of the month. ehhhhhh Columbia has me so frustrated right now.

Ugh. Man. Maybe someone won't accept.

Photo? Did you interview?

Edited by MinervaRoad

Anybody have thoughts on CCA? I haven't visited yet, but I'm weighing a pretty strong funding offer from them with lower funding offers (but wayyyy less expensive cities - so living expenses in the Bay are a big concern). I dig the program from what I see so far and am interested in their dual-degree with Visual + Critical Studies.

My options at this point are CCA Fine Arts, UPenn (low funding offer), RISD Photo (low funding), CalArts Photo (funding TBD), and MICA Photo (funding TBD).

Anyone have perspectives on these programs? UPenn was (is?) my top choice but their funding offer is way too low to make it feasible...

CCA is a pretty amazing place. Really really Great program. More theory then technical. More conceptual. My friend went there and got a super nice job in SF afterwards because of the connections. The bay area is a lot. But there's so many scholarships for grad students who study there. If you decide CCA, look into those and you'll be fine

Ugh. Man. Maybe someone won't accept.

Photo? Did you interview?

Yeah but no response so far. Not a good sign. 

Also, Can't believe print is no tuition or w/e. 

Hey folks! I am super surprised, just got a letter that I'm an alternate at Mica (hoffberger). Is that just a sugar coated word for waitlist? They seemed positive about my chances of getting in but I was wondering what exactly being an alternate means. I didn't interview so was just waiting for my rejection letter--a pleasant surprise!

Time to start refreshing the applyyrself site over and over...

OMG I cannot believe this... They are telling us we won't know the result even if it has been made? Finger crossed for everyone who got interviewed!!!

OMG I cannot believe this... They are telling us we won't know the result even if it has been made? Finger crossed for everyone who got interviewed!!!

nanny nanny nanny we know but we won't tell you... ha ha

That's what they're doing...