MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hello all,

I have been accepted to many schools with different offers and I think I've narrowed it down to 3 schools.

University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign  (painting and sculpture)  Full ride,  50% TA, $7999  stipend for 9 months each year

University of Iowa (Painting and Drawing)  Full ride, 25% TA, $9100 stipend for 9 months each year, $3000 fellow ship for first year.

University of Minnesota Minneapolis (Painting and Drawing)  Full ride, 50% TA, $12000 stipend for 9 months each year, $1500 thesis grant for final year.

I'm heading out to visit them soon.  I was wondering if you all knew anything about these programs and their cities that would potentially help me out.  This is a crazy hard decision for me.

Thanks everyone.  The merry go round is almost over.

Edited by jcloud1002

finally got a VCU rejection email and offer for the summer program. 

"There were many applicants who came extremely close in our deliberations, but faculty determined that they were not quite prepared for our program. Countless times we noted, "This applicant just needs the intensive time and critical feedback from the Summer Studio Program to put them over the top." "

give me a break  <_< 

"There were many applicants who came extremely close in our deliberations, but faculty determined that they were not quite prepared for our program. Countless times we noted, "This applicant just needs the intensive time and critical feedback from the Summer Studio Program to put them over the top." "

give me a break  <_< 

tell me about it, i got that exact rejection statement AFTER having actually done their SSP the previous summer. ughhh

"There were many applicants who came extremely close in our deliberations, but faculty determined that they were not quite prepared for our program. Countless times we noted, "This applicant just needs the intensive time and critical feedback from the Summer Studio Program to put them over the top." "

give me a break <_<

Good to know you got the same email as me. I don't think I'll be applying. I have to say I have been very turned off by the grad schools inability to speak to applicants as individuals. I'm so envious of some of you who had great one on one experiences with passionate teachers who were willing to reach out!! I will definitely be taking not of all of this when I apply again.

yeah, check the apply yourself page.

at the bottom is a link to your decision.

there is a link at the bottom? i dont see anything at the bottom tho. no links.. but on the top of my page it says application status: submitted. 

why is that..... no way...