MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I completely agree. I felt pretty jerked around when I found out about all of the changes because at least if I had been rejected and they still had everything they were advertising throughout the application process (full funding, health benefits, stipend, faculty, etc) then fair enough - I knew it was a longshot they only accept 8 people yadda yadda. BUT to go through that gruelling process and make it to the fucking interview and IN THE INTERVIEW have the floor ripped out from under you in being told that they actually don't have any of that stuff any more - I felt totally scammed and on top of that I am now out of $100 for a program that I wouldn't have applied to had they made things more clear through the application process. They offered me a spot on the waitlist too and I opted out.

Exactly how I felt.

@ chewgumdrawlines: only some reassurances that it's not over yet!?! Fingers crossed for you!

@yestoyeahhhh: for most schools you can reuse what's in their system, but it helped me to confirm that in advance and find out the person to follow up with the next fall. You may have to remind them at that point. I phrased it as "my recommenders have already done so much for me and I want to save them some work." Also, I had to get creative with the online forms for some schools that forced me to enter info of recommenders. I creatively used the forms to make a note saying my last year's letters were on file and to ask the point person I'd spoken with about any questions. Then I used three of my own extraneous email addresses in the blanks, so my recommenders wouldn't get new prompts to submit letters. A little weird, but it worked!

@ chewgumdrawlines: only some reassurances that it's not over yet!?! Fingers crossed for you!

@yestoyeahhhh: for most schools you can reuse what's in their system, but it helped me to confirm that in advance and find out the person to follow up with the next fall. You may have to remind them at that point. I phrased it as "my recommenders have already done so much for me and I want to save them some work." Also, I had to get creative with the online forms for some schools that forced me to enter info of recommenders. I creatively used the forms to make a note saying my last year's letters were on file and to ask the point person I'd spoken with about any questions. Then I used three of my own extraneous email addresses in the blanks, so my recommenders wouldn't get new prompts to submit letters. A little weird, but it worked!

oh wow, good to know! thanks  :)  So i guess as long as we give the admission a head up, and we ll be good?

Going to Northwestern! :)

I hope decision making is over for everybody soon too. I've found it to be as exhausting as waiting to hear back from schools. Now done with procastination and let the work begin :) Nice grad school experiences for everybody, time to keep working!

I hope decision making is over for everybody soon too. I've found it to be as exhausting as waiting to hear back from schools. Now done with procastination and let the work begin :) Nice grad school experiences for everybody, time to keep working!

Congrats! Great program and great faculty! <3 Michael Rakowitz

Congratulations on the decision, and good luck on your studies!

Congrats! Great program and great faculty! <3 Michael Rakowitz

Congratulations on the decision, and good luck on your studies!

Thank you! Both your programs are awesome .

Hey everyone. I know it's late but I wanted to post this because there has been a lot of talk here about Hunter not giving any $.

Yesterday I received a scholarship that is two years full ride at in state tuition rates. They also offer supplemental funding outside of financial aid.

Not about me boasting I just want to spread the word...when it comes to hunter never offering $ ... Don't believe the hype!

Hey everyone. I know it's late but I wanted to post this because there has been a lot of talk here about Hunter not giving any $.

Yesterday I received a scholarship that is two years full ride at in state tuition rates. They also offer supplemental funding outside of financial aid.

Not about me boasting I just want to spread the word...when it comes to hunter never offering $ ... Don't believe the hype!

Thanks so much for sharing this info! I sent in my commitment deposit over the weekend so hopefully I find out more info soon.

yo is anyone else waitlisted at columbia, as of today? what's up with waitlisting someone on april 14??

yep. i feel like they probably just didn't deny anyone. no clue though

What department did you apply to?

Got a HUGE scholarship from SFAI today that covers just about everything.

I feel bad turning down other schools (especially since I already turned in my deposit for one.. oops) but I can't turn this deal down.

Funding can happen later on! Dont be afraid to negotiate guys if they really want you they will make it worth your while!