MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Anyone heard anything from University of Michigan? Their deadline was early January so I would think that they would send out some decisions soon.

Haven't heard from Michigan either. I'm going to wait a little longer and then perhaps contact one of the professors I was communicating with there. 

Haven't heard from Michigan either. I'm going to wait a little longer and then perhaps contact one of the professors I was communicating with there. 

Same. I know they're done with portfolio reviews so assuming they'll be contacting people for interviews soon. Not expecting anything from them though since they accept 6 people out of like, ~220 applicants...I wonder how many they interview. Maybe 25? Maybe? Who knows. I'll just be here refreshing my email until they say no. -_-

Were you guys getting hits from Ann Arbor on your websites at all?

Edited by thepictureisstill

Yes I feel the same way. A no is definitely anticipated, but it would be nice to check them off the list! It seems that there is very little info for their interview and acceptance process. 

I just recently set up google analytics for my site, but no Ann Arbor hits within the past 2 weeks. 

I was rejected from Univ. of Michigan last year -- my understanding was that interview invites were sent out in late Jan, and I was notified of my rejection after inquiring about my status over e-mail; however, take that with a grain of salt, as it was last year and timelines are often subject to change..I suggest contacting the admissions office directly -- it can't hurt!

Did anyone else apply to or has information on UNC Chapel Hill, UGAthens, PennDesign, Seattle, or New Mexico?

UNC Chapel Hill notified their top 10 who were admitted on 1/27, and I had a Skype interview with UGA a couple weeks ago. I’m also waiting to hear back from Seattle (I’m assuming you mean UW).

Same. I know they're done with portfolio reviews so assuming they'll be contacting people for interviews soon. Not expecting anything from them though since they accept 6 people out of like, ~220 applicants...I wonder how many they interview. Maybe 25? Maybe? Who knows. I'll just be here refreshing my email until they say no. -_-

Were you guys getting hits from Ann Arbor on your websites at all?

I'm assuming rejection too, but still keeping my fingers crossed. 

I see you applied to Indiana University. Me too. Not a word yet though. 

Yes I feel the same way. A no is definitely anticipated, but it would be nice to check them off the list! It seems that there is very little info for their interview and acceptance process. 

I just recently set up google analytics for my site, but no Ann Arbor hits within the past 2 weeks. 

unicorny, I noticed that you were accepted to USF. Congrats! Is it for the University of San Francisco or the University of South Florida? I applied to South Florida. 

UNC Chapel Hill notified their top 10 who were admitted on 1/27, and I had a Skype interview with UGA a couple weeks ago. I’m also waiting to hear back from Seattle (I’m assuming you mean UW).

How did vcu notify you of your interview? 

unicorny, I noticed that you were accepted to USF. Congrats! Is it for the University of San Francisco or the University of South Florida? I applied to South Florida. 

Hi Summers and thank you! I was accepted to University of South Florida last week. I have heard great things about the program. I am not sure if they contact by department. I am a photo person. 

Hi Summers and thank you! I was accepted to University of South Florida last week. I have heard great things about the program. I am not sure if they contact by department. I am a photo person. 

I am a photo person too. How did they contact you...phone, email, etc? I wonder if they've already contacted everyone they are accepting. I will be super disappointed if they have. They are one of my top choices. I  thought I had a high chance of being accepted because it went really well when I met with the director and one of the photography faculty during my visit. I also spoke with them after my visit and the director said he was really impressed with my work. I guess sometimes things don't always turn the way you think they will. 

So I broke down and called Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and the guy said that we should receive letters by the end of the week.
And I sounded like such a tool on the phone.
"Duh... I was wondering.... duh... maybe.... er..... CAN I PAINT PRETTY PICTURES AT YOUR SCHOOL PLEASE."

So I broke down and called Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and the guy said that we should receive letters by the end of the week.

And I sounded like such a tool on the phone.

"Duh... I was wondering.... duh... maybe.... er..... CAN I PAINT PRETTY PICTURES AT YOUR SCHOOL PLEASE."

THANK YOU!

Would it be bad to call a school and ask when they think a decision will be made? Is that obnoxious? I'm afraid I'm going to lose my assistantship at lsu if I don't tell them in time.

I would just email instead! I think email is a little less intrusive, but you really could call. My thought on it: it is better to seem pushy than to seem shy or disinterested.

Edited by Leahdog

How did vcu notify you of your interview? 

I got an email yesterday from the director of the photo/film department so I believe each department is sending out their own interview requests. 

Allybee

How did the VCU interview feel to you? just asking your feelings about it, nothing too revealing. And Congrats on that!

It’s happening in 27 minutes on Skype! My feelings so far are mainly anxiety and excitement haha. For my 2 previous interviews I used that list posted elsewhere in this forum with all the common interview questions, wrote out all my answers, and practiced going over them so I wouldn’t get all tongue-tied. Skype interviews are the worst in my opinion because you can’t get a vibe from the room without physically being there, plus technical issues sometimes come up. I had one with UGA a few weeks ago and literally 4 minutes into the interview my image of them froze and remained frozen for the rest of the interview. Didn’t feel like I could waste time mentioning it... but then had no idea how they were really reacting to what I was saying! 

I am a photo person too. How did they contact you...phone, email, etc? I wonder if they've already contacted everyone they are accepting. I will be super disappointed if they have. They are one of my top choices. I  thought I had a high chance of being accepted because it went really well when I met with the director and one of the photography faculty during my visit. I also spoke with them after my visit and the director said he was really impressed with my work. I guess sometimes things don't always turn the way you think they will. 

I was contacted by phone. I would certainly email the department. Don't give up hope yet! 

For people who applied to Columbia and filled out the aid form: on the expenses section, it asks what me and my (non existent) spouse spent money on. I'm entirely dependent on parents, so would I enter "0" in all of the fields, or find out how much they spent on these things on my behalf?

I just really don't want to screw this form up and not get admitted or something. The paranoia is SO real.