MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Interview with Hunter painting!  I am so excited, I might be sick...

Hunter-   Interview

VCU-   Interviewed

Tyler-   Interviewed

Rutgers- Rejected

University of Wisconsin Madison-  Accepted

University of Iowa--

University of Illinois Urbana champaign--

University of Minnesota-  Accepted

Im not feeling so great about my prospects after Berkeley's rejection yesterday. I haven't heard back from a lot of programs yet, but I'm not taking it as a good sign... Too early to be pessimistic? 

I feel you! I went through almost the entire month of February without hearing a peep. I totally felt like I was just going to continue to get rejections and was beginning to plan for next year, since this is my first time doing these applications. It's easier said than done, but you should do whatever you can to keep your head up or to get your mind off of it. I remember looking at your website a while back and your work is really fucking excellent and more schools will eventually recognize that.

Edited by milkyforester

I feel you! I went through almost the entire month of February without hearing a peep. I totally felt like I was just going to continue to get rejections and was beginning to plan for next year, since this is my first time doing these applications. It's easier said than done, but you should do whatever you can to keep your head up or to get your mind off of it. I remember looking at your website a while back and your work is really fucking excellent and more schools will eventually recognize that.

That's nice of you to say. It's more of a bummer because I really thought the work I submitted was quite good. But it's still too early to be out.

Has anyone heard from University of Washington or know when they will be contacting people?

I checked my application page again and it said at the top that they typically notify students of their decisions around the end of March. I’ve heard nothing at all from them so far.

Congrats everybody on Hunter interviews. My boyfriend has loved it there, the studios are ridiculously good for nyc standards and the community is super active. Get ready for high living expenses though! Still worth every penny.

I checked my application page again and it said at the top that they typically notify students of their decisions around the end of March. I’ve heard nothing at all from them so far.

I have some information for all of you who applied to U Washington in Seattle. I have a friend who was accepted last year to the Painting+Drawing department. They did not conduct an interview...and the notification came at the end of March, well past the notifications of other schools. So if you have not heard anything yet, do NOT take it as a sign that you were denied admission. Hope this helps some of those people waiting.

Rejected as well. MICA interview is this afternoon and SAIC on Sunday. Looks like someone last year heard back from Boston painting on the 27th of February so...

Good luck with MICA and SAIC interviews! 

Has anyone heard back from wash u stl? Do they do interviews?

I don't know if they conduct interviews; I have not been contacted for one. I had an interesting and enjoyable discussion with Michael Byron at Portfolio Day, so I'm not necessarily expecting one. I was wondering if only schools that don't go to NPD conduct interviews. Did you go to one? What's your primary media?

Edited by wickedkity

Rejected as well. MICA interview is this afternoon and SAIC on Sunday. Looks like someone last year heard back from Boston painting on the 27th of February so...

Dare I even ask... No mica interview means no dice, right?

I have been checking the search results on grad cafe like a bad habit - but JUST discovered this forum.

Seems like a lot of folks are applying to the top 10 / lots of east coast schools.

I'm waiting to hear back from U of Washington, UC Irvine, U of Montana, and Portland State U.

I've interviewed at Portland State, and PNCA.

Been accepted at MCAD, and PNCA thus far, but am holding out for a public school. Fingers crossed. 

Does anyone have any insight on the timeline for Irvine? 

I don't know if they conduct interviews; I have not been contacted for one. I had an interesting and enjoyable discussion with Michael Byron at Portfolio Day, so I'm not necessarily expecting one. I was wondering if only schools that don't go to NPD conduct interviews. Did you go to one? What's your primary media?

I would say most schools that go to NPD conduct interviews. What do you mean when you say you're not necessarily expecting one? Speculative, but I'd image a positive interaction might help chances of being asked to interview.

I have been checking the search results on grad cafe like a bad habit - but JUST discovered this forum.

Seems like a lot of folks are applying to the top 10 / lots of east coast schools.

I'm waiting to hear back from U of Washington, UC Irvine, U of Montana, and Portland State U.

Been accepted at MCAD, and PNCA thus far, but am holding out for a public school. Fingers crossed. 

I heard (from another poster earlier in the thread) that UC Irvine already conducted interviews. The first post was several weeks back, and another maybe a week or two ago. I'm still waiting for them, too, but kind of assuming rejection based on that.

How did you find your interview with PSU? I had one too and thought it went well, but Ian told me they chose to interview more candidates this year than previous years so I'm not really sure how "short" the shortlist is.

I had a Skype interview with UC Irvine on Tuesday, and their in-person interviews were scheduled for the week before. I was told by another prospective student that decisions would likely be coming in the next week or two.

I heard (from another poster earlier in the thread) that UC Irvine already conducted interviews. The first post was several weeks back, and another maybe a week or two ago. I'm still waiting for them, too, but kind of assuming rejection based on that.

How did you find your interview with PSU? I had one too and thought it went well, but Ian told me they chose to interview more candidates this year than previous years so I'm not really sure how "short" the shortlist is.

Oh that's a bummer about Irvine (except for those who got interviews - congrats!), but thanks for letting me know.

I wonder if it's worth reaching out to them? Walking the line between being patient and bombarding a program is rough for me, ha.

As far as PSU goes - I felt like the interview went really well. It was just with one faculty member and felt pretty casual in comparison to my interview with PNCA. I interviewed about two weeks ago though and they said they'd be in touch with actual offers soon. I'm not sure what soon means though. I know they usually only accept 5-7 students, which makes me nervous. 

I had a Skype interview with UC Irvine on Tuesday, and their in-person interviews were scheduled for the week before. I was told by another prospective student that decisions would likely be coming in the next week or two.

Great - thanks! Hope your interview went well!

Does anyone know if they send actual rejection notifications or is it acceptance vs. silence I wonder?

Guess I'll have to stay current with the forum and see what comes up for other folks...