2015 Canadian SLP Thread!

Yay!!! I got in to U of T my number one choice!!

This is my second time applying there and one of my best friends lives in Toronto! I am so excited that I jumped up and hit my head in my tiny Tokyo apartment.

If you don't get in this year try again, because the initial rejection makes acceptance so much sweeter!

Edited by kats

Yay!!! I got in to U of T my number one choice!!

congrats Kats! I believe you really deserved to get in because of all your hard work!

Congrats! I was wondering how you got contacted? Was it through email?

Hi SLPhopeful2014, I received an email from U of T just after 9:30 (Toronto time).  They mailed admissions packages this morning, so I assume they mailed all decisions. Good luck!

Hi SLPhopeful2014, I received an email from U of T just after 9:30 (Toronto time).  They mailed admissions packages this morning, so I assume they mailed all decisions. Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I guess that means I didn't get in. 

I emailed Mabel.. she responded to me. I got waitlisted at U of T. I guess I should be happy, but I really am not. Hoping I get in eventually.

I emailed Mabel.. she responded to me. I got waitlisted at U of T. I guess I should be happy, but I really am not. Hoping I get in eventually.

Don't lose hope, there's still a good chance you could get in! I will be making a decision within the next week, so a spot could be open at UWO or U of T. 

Thanks for the information. I guess that means I didn't get in. 

SLPhopeful2014, there's still a chance! You can always contact them. Don't lose hope either!

Don't lose hope, there's still a good chance you could get in! I will be making a decision within the next week, so a spot could be open at UWO or U of T. 

SLPhopeful2014, there's still a chance! You can always contact them. Don't lose hope either!

Thanks LING..

As per your question that you mentioned before about choosing between U of T and Western.

I have a friend who is the current student president at UWO SLP. These are the things that she has told me.

If you have an interest in kids and teenagers, then perhaps UWO would be a good fit. If you have an interest in adults, then U of T is stronger at that.

She said that the in house clinic at UWO is amazing and a great experience. She also said that she worked with the faculty to make changes to the program and clinic resources so that it is better for next years' students. She said something about the clinic will have all new tests and resources.

Hope this helps :) I personally prefer U of T but that is because I live in Toronto! Both are great schools and both have great resources!

Edited by nins

Thanks LING..

As per your question that you mentioned before about choosing between U of T and Western.

I have a friend who is the current student president at UWO SLP. These are the things that she has told me.

If you have an interest in kids and teenagers, then perhaps UWO would be a good fit. If you have an interest in adults, then U of T is stronger at that.

She said that the in house clinic at UWO is amazing and a great experience. She also said that she worked with the faculty to make changes to the program and clinic resources so that it is better for next years' students. She said something about the clinic will have all new tests and resources.

Hope this helps :) I personally prefer U of T but that is because I live in Toronto! Both are great schools and both have great resources!

Thanks nins, that's very helpful!  All the best!

Hi everyone, 

I just stumbled across this board a couple of days ago. I'd like to congratulate everyone who got accepted. I've been offered admission at U of T and Western, but will most definitely be going to U of T. So that will clear up a spot for those of you on Western's waitlist :) 

U of Ters, would you like me to create a Facebook group? Or does anyone know if one already exists? 

Hi everyone, 

I just stumbled across this board a couple of days ago. I'd like to congratulate everyone who got accepted. I've been offered admission at U of T and Western, but will most definitely be going to U of T. So that will clear up a spot for those of you on Western's waitlist :) 

U of Ters, would you like me to create a Facebook group? Or does anyone know if one already exists?

Yes!! I tried looking and couldn't find one so let me know if you do!

Got accepted to Western and U of T! Any information on which is preferred and why would be appreciated! 

As a long time lurker on grad cafe, I do suggest that you take a look at the previous Canadian SLP forums (2013 and 2014) as people often had discussions about the pros and cons of each program.

link for 2013

link for 2014.

Yikes! Wait! The U of T SLP Class of 2016 is waiting for you! They've created a Facebook group for you and are ready to answer your questions! https://www.facebook.com/groups/976703962360162/

If you're planning to visit U of T on Open House day, I'll see you there to give you a tour!

-A member of the SLP Class of 2015

Yikes! Wait! The U of T SLP Class of 2016 is waiting for you! They've created a Facebook group for you and are ready to answer your questions!https://www.facebook...76703962360162/

If you're planning to visit U of T on Open House day, I'll see you there to give you a tour!

-A member of the SLP Class of 2015 

Oh! Thanks so much for letting us all know! I'll delete the other group :) It's so nice of you guys to be willing to answer our questions! 

I haven't heard from U of T at all. Are they letting us know of rejections as well? I don't have a grad portal with them nor do I have an email contact. Help!

Is there anyone here who was accepted/waitlisted to Alberta, but will be withdrawing themselves, because they were accepted somewhere else? I'm on the waitlist, and I'm really hoping to get off of it.

I haven't heard from U of T at all. Are they letting us know of rejections as well? I don't have a grad portal with them nor do I have an email contact. Help!

I contacted U of T SLP this afternoon to ask this question and was told that emails were sent out this morning only to applicants who were accepted or wait listed and that rejections were sent out by regular mail today.

Edited by SLPka

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

I haven't heard from UofT today so I'm assuming I didn't get in.

I am 95% sure I will be declining my acceptance to Western because I also got accepted to Alberta. I like the structure of the Alberta program more, and my boyfriend lives in Vancouver. So although it's a bit pricier to live in Edmonton, I think it's the school for me :)

Does anyone know if all 56 people are always in the same classes together at Alberta?

Anyone that has heard from Dalhousie, did you receive information through e-mail or regular mail? Or a combination? Just wondering if anyone has been accepted or what not from the second wave of acceptances that some other users have mentioned previously?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!

I haven't heard from UofT today so I'm assuming I didn't get in.

I am 95% sure I will be declining my acceptance to Western because I also got accepted to Alberta. I like the structure of the Alberta program more, and my boyfriend lives in Vancouver. So although it's a bit pricier to live in Edmonton, I think it's the school for me :)

Does anyone know if all 56 people are always in the same classes together at Alberta?

I think so. I registered for courses a couple days ago and all the classes are only offered at one time. Labs were broken into two or three different time slots though so they are smaller.