2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

InquilineKea

I am definitively on a waitlist for the last school I'm waiting to hear from. At this point I'm more anxious to hear back about the NSF GRFP and NDSEG since winning one of them might get me off the waitlist.

I work full time in an office environment and am getting restless in these last few weeks. Anyone have suggestions for productive ways to spend down time at work so I stop mindlessly refreshing my email every minute? I read literally every article on google news each day already. If nothing else, I've become a very informed citizen.

Read articles related to your field, take online courses, watch videos of stuff you have forgotten or you're not that strong. That's what I've been doing.

I enrolled to the Stanford course of Reservoir Geomechanics and have been reading a little to not get there clueless.

There's a series of videos from the UT Austin in Reservoir Geomechanics (PPE 338 I think) and Advanced Geomechanics, you can watch those and take notes, etc.

Just waiting for April 15th...maybe I'll hear better news then.  In the meantime, I'm thinking about putting in a late application to UNLV.

I am wait-listed at UNLV...rough

I am definitively on a waitlist for the last school I'm waiting to hear from. At this point I'm more anxious to hear back about the NSF GRFP and NDSEG since winning one of them might get me off the waitlist.

In the past they've released decisions around April 1st

Well, if anyone else here is doing atmos, I suppose I wanted to update saying that I have taken up UC Davis' offer. It was my top program from the start, and I got a two-year fellowship there! 

I hope everyone else starts getting good news soon! This season seems rough for you geo* kids :/

Well, if anyone else here is doing atmos, I suppose I wanted to update saying that I have taken up UC Davis' offer. It was my top program from the start, and I got a two-year fellowship there! 

I hope everyone else starts getting good news soon! This season seems rough for you geo* kids :/

Congrats! UC Davis is a top notch school!

I am still awaiting to hear back from 4 schools, ready for these decisions (good or bad) to roll in!

I feel ya. I'm now sitting past the latest day I've heard in the past for people hearing word to the school I would like to go to. It's driving me insane.

Found out today that my advisor managed to snag me a TA position ! Nebraska here I come !!! Does anyone though have info on the job placement in oil as a whole at UNL ?

Congrats!! I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Found out today that my advisor managed to snag me a TA position ! Nebraska here I come !!! Does anyone though have info on the job placement in oil as a whole at UNL ?

Congrats! It's less about the school, and more about your research and advisor's connections. I expect the next few years to be lean for oil and gas, so be patient.

Edited by watsondoodle

Congrats! Glad to see you getting it. All the best!

Awesome! Must have been quite a roller coaster ride going from seemingly rejected to accepted with funding, all within a week!